The Tacoma sprit live's on IN ME

silverT

First economics and what was available at price set the stage . As a recap I had a special TACO with 249,000 miles & the only way to stop it was an accident . It was a sad time but worse was replacing that Gem was hard to find . My Taco was a special find , high Miles at $10,900 but looked like a $18,900 truck.
As winter rolled in I knew a 4X4 was needed due to my backup 1986 dodge 2 wheel drive was not going to be my best choice for the almost Guaranteed snow we get in the North . AS much as I wanted Taco I was not going to settle for a Lesser Taco then what I had . So I put it on the back burner
I purchased a 2004 Dodge Dakota with a 4.7 V8 for $2000 clean condition , It's not a Taco BUT they are real also It's a different type of ride . Naturally a Taco or Dakota can be modified , But out of the factory equipped box they are interesting to compare .
Over all the Taco is better BUT some areas the Dakota seems better .
What has finally dawned on me was the TACO for me was a state of mind. Driving slow and enjoying the ride , the Hummmmm of the motor , the effortless flow of movement 35 MPH was a pleasure . With out me realizing my TACO had retrained my driving stile & for the first time in life I drove super slow & smelled the rose's .
Wile the Dakota does not FULLY have that intoxicating driving experience Hummmm of a TACO , it can at certain speeds approach 97% .
But more important having had a TACO trained me to drive an auto like it's a TACO
And smell the rose's
My Taco was like that amazing Girlfriend that Got away but changed your for life

Last edited:
First economics and what was available at price set the stage . As a recap I had a special TACO with 249,000 miles & the only way to stop it was an accident . It was a sad time but worse was replacing that Gem was hard to find . My Taco was a special find , high Miles at $10,900 but looked like a $18,900 truck.
As winter rolled in I knew a 4X4 was needed due to my backup 1986 dodge 2 wheel drive was not going to be my best choice for the almost Guaranteed snow we get in the North . AS much as I wanted Taco I was not going to settle for a Lesser Taco then what I had . So I put it on the back burner
I purchased a 2004 Dodge Dakota with a 4.7 V8 for $2000 clean condition , It's not a Taco BUT they are real also It's a different type of ride . Naturally a Taco or Dakota can be modified , But out of the factory equipped box they are interesting to compare .
Over all the Taco is better BUT some areas the Dakota seems better .
What has finally dawned on me was the TACO for me was a state of mind. Driving slow and enjoying the ride , the Hummmmm of the motor , the effortless flow of movement 35 MPH was a pleasure . With out me realizing my TACO had retrained my driving stile & for the first time in life I drove super slow & smelled the rose's .
Wile the Dakota does not FULLY have that intoxicating driving experience Hummmm of a TACO , it can at certain speeds approach 97% .
But more important having had a TACO trained me to drive an auto like it's a TACO
And smell the rose's
My Taco was like that amazing Girlfriend that Got away but changed your for life

I don't understand this post.
Was the Tacoma a 4cyl?

I'm confused , No my Taco had a 4.0 V-6
Any way be well to all
So are we..... Tacoma is dead but drove slow, but u has Dakota now and drives 75 right?
Sorry for your lost, and don't sweat the girl that left ya. I'd go for her sister if she has one. Two birds, half a stones throw. RIP Scott Weiland

I often think how cars or Truck's I had in the past I floored to my harts content
burning out , You know driving like an idiot & still had them for years
The Taco I drove so mellow never wanted to harm it Well I sure harmed it after all
On the highway the Taco was more then able to Hold it's own against the general
cars and trucks out there What I like about a Taco is it could go but you had to be purposeful about it
It was not one to sneak up to speed but wanna go 90 MPH sure all day.
A Dakota nor really faster but will sneak up to speed .
The ground clearance of a Taco creates superiority to what can come your way A Dakota is more Car like in ground clearance , yet can hold weight well in Box , it can handle any hard road with snow or ice better But a Taco can go off road in Mud wile a Dakota will sink yet on a hard road Rain , Snow , Ice , the Dakota is very secure partially due to the lower RPM motor not shocking tires to spin . Being lower to ground
causes it to really handle sharp turns on hard roads More typical of lower center gravity auto's . They are hard to compare out of the factory box different end use ..

Back