Things I DON’T like about my Tacoma

Not true. You would have to experience it to understand. It completely removed the low rpm lag. Also make the entire throttle ten times more responsive..

It opens the throttle more than you are asking by manipulating the signal to the throttle body and ECU. You can do the same by flooring it in the dead zone and letting off when the engine gets into it’s power band.

It opens the throttle more than you are asking by manipulating the signal to the throttle body and ECU. You can do the same by flooring it in the dead zone and letting off when the engine gets into it’s power band.
I understand what yo are saying but what your missing is that with the pedal commander what you gain is the finesse in between either flooring it or letting out of it and it makes it feel much more powerful and normal throughout the entire throttle range. It makes a huge difference in the way it drives.

I understand what yo are saying but what your missing is that with the pedal commander what you gain is the finesse in between either flooring it or letting out of it and it makes it feel much more powerful and normal throughout the entire throttle range. It makes a huge difference in the way it drives.

It feels more powerful because the Commander opens the throttle more than normal like you could with your foot.

It feels more powerful because the Commander opens the throttle more than normal like you could with your foot.
It doesnt just open the trrottle full bore there is definitely finesse and feel to it. I'm done debating with you. Have a good night and believe whatever you think it does or doesn't do. It so far is probably the best mod I've made to date.

It doesnt just open the trrottle full bore there is definitely finesse and feel to it. I'm done debating with you. Have a good night and believe whatever you think it does or doesn't do. It so far is probably the best mod I've made to date.

I know you think it does more but it really doesn’t. That “finesse” comes from the PC telling the ECU you are opening the throttle more than you are.

Kids these days...sheesh!

I know you think it does more but it really doesn’t. That “finesse” comes from the PC telling the ECU you are opening the throttle more than you are.

Kids these days...sheesh!

There’s Negative Nancy. You were pretty tame at the start of the thread. I thought we were going to have to start calling you Positive Nancy. Lol.

Have you ever drove a 3rd gen tacoma with one installed? I don't think you have.

Children these days..

The PC is a signal amplifier. Nothing else beyond that. There is no feedback from the throttle body or ECU to it so all it sees is how much voltage is getting by and it amplifies that signal to open the throttle body more and to tell the ECU that the pedal is depressed more than you are actually pressing because a difference would throw a CEL.

You push 25% and it tells the ECU and throttle body you are pushing 35%.

Last edited:
Nah I don’t want to drive a ****ty truck.

The PC is a signal amplifier. Nothing else beyond that. There is no feedback from the throttle body or ECU to it so all it sees is how much voltage is getting by and it amplifies that signal to open the throttle body more and to tell the ECU that the pedal is depressed more than you are actually pressing because a difference would throw a CEL.

You push 25% and it tells the ECU and throttle body you are pushing 35%.

I get that this is beyond you because you fell for the marketing but it is simple.
And through all of it sending a different signal voltage it amazingly works at making it feel like a normal throttle. I know you get your jollies by picking someone to troll on here but I've lost my patience with it. Believe it or not I am an 45 year old alarm tech who understands low voltage dc very well. It is a fancy reostat switch that works wonderfully for what it is designed to do. Once you drive one with it your closed mind might understand. Now as I have a life away from here do us all a favor and piss off.

And through all of it sending a different signal voltage it amazingly works at making it feel like a normal throttle. I know you get your jollies by picking someone to troll on here but I've lost my patience with it. Believe it or not I am an 45 year old alarm tech who understands low voltage dc very well. It is a fancy reostat switch that works wonderfully for what it is designed to do. Once you drive one with it your closed mind might understand. Now as I have a life away from here do us all a favor and piss off.

You said you were gone before but didn’t leave. Let’s see if you do this time.

We are all Tacoma owners here. We all spend money on the mods we want and like. We do this to make our tacos as unique as us. You won't be wrong if you’re happy.

Back