Thinking of Being a Tacoma Owner

Matt

Hey All,
I was thinking of moving from a Jeep Wrangler to getting a Tacoma. I can only afford a used Tacoma right now.
What should I look for?
What should I avoid?
Any tips, years, or any other advice that I should know would be greatly appreciated moving on to being a Yota family member!!

So far my experience has been with a 2007 that I purchased new. It has been the best truck I've ever owned. If shopping for a used truck I would go for the obvious, low miles, no accidents and to be honest a truck that has not been off roaded. Look for something that has all the basics you want and trick it out to suit you. I'm thinking 2010, TRD off road that was used as an everyday ride ... new wheels & tires, 3" lift a little this & that and PRESTO your rig!

Great idea! I had bought a 2013 jeep wrangler and was nothing but a hassle. The nostalgia was not same as a kid. I bought a grey 2013 trd offroad (with sr5) package. Worth it! A thought for you 2008-2012 might work. What is your budge? Looking 4wd or 2wd? Base or sr5 or limited?

I'm in the same exact boat as Matt , thus the reason for joining this forum . I figured it would be a great place to begin searching for info to help me in my decision making . Right now I have an older chevy 4wd and a small Nissan pickup that I commute in . I can only afford USED as well , PROBABLY not much newer than 2006/7 . I'm also wondering about pros , cons of years . Good, BAD, etc. I'm not too knowledgeable at this point , but looking forward to it . SO far enjoying the forum !

I'm in the same exact boat as Matt , thus the reason for joining this forum . I figured it would be a great place to begin searching for info to help me in my decision making . Right now I have an older chevy 4wd and a small Nissan pickup that I commute in . I can only afford USED as well , PROBABLY not much newer than 2006/7 . I'm also wondering about pros , cons of years . Good, BAD, etc. I'm not too knowledgeable at this point , but looking forward to it . SO far enjoying the forum !
Whats your price range

I love my 2010 v6 tacoma trd sr5 sport. initially I wanted a 4 door truck and I was more interreser by Ford for the cab and low resale values.

but I drove SEVERAL company vehicle in the last years f150, Sierra1500 5.7L, chev 4,7l dodge ram tittan and frontier

I am totally satisfied with my taco I like the more aggressive driving feel than other truck I like the configuration of the cabin and especially taking 120v in bed

HI, ideally I would say , $ 10,000.00 maybe a little more . I really am trying to get away from more monthly payments. After looking around at USED ONES this past week , it seems MAYBE that 2006/7 and $10,000.00 don't go together . Probably I was too optimistic ? There really is a lot to take in consideration . An older one with more mileage, less bells and whistles, no payments vs. Newer ? 4 cylinder vs. 6 ? I commute about 80 miles a day but also live in the mountains . Don't tow too much . Ugh ! Decisions !

HI, ideally I would say , $ 10,000.00 maybe a little more . I really am trying to get away from more monthly payments. After looking around at USED ONES this past week , it seems MAYBE that 2006/7 and $10,000.00 don't go together . Probably I was too optimistic ? There really is a lot to take in consideration . An older one with more mileage, less bells and whistles, no payments vs. Newer ? 4 cylinder vs. 6 ? I commute about 80 miles a day but also live in the mountains . Don't tow too much . Ugh ! Decisions !
I got an 05 super clean 4x4 for 16000 at the dealer they had a 2wd 06 access cab for 12000 just keep lookin bothe anout 80000 miles

WELL , I am trying to stay away from payments . Financing a LITTLE MIGHT work . Yours looks pretty nice from what I can tell ? I must have 4wd , where I live and like to do , doesn't make since otherwise . There does seem to be quite a few FOR sale here but most are newer. I'll keep looking, thanks for the input .

WELL , I am trying to stay away from payments . Financing a LITTLE MIGHT work . Yours looks pretty nice from what I can tell ? I must have 4wd , where I live and like to do , doesn't make since otherwise . There does seem to be quite a few FOR sale here but most are newer. I'll keep looking, thanks for the input .
Just keep looking took me a year to find the perfect one for me and im sure the right deal will pop up for you

That sounds like you were either being real patient , picky , or there wasn't a lot available ? Maybe a combo of all 3 ? Hope you're happy with you're decision. Most of the Tacoma owners I've talked to LATELY SURE seem to be .

That sounds like you were either being real patient , picky , or there wasn't a lot available ? Maybe a combo of all 3 ? Hope you're happy with you're decision. Most of the Tacoma owners I've talked to LATELY SURE seem to be .
Im very happy with it and i was very patient because thats alot of money for me and i couldnt afford to donit twice

All 3 for me. I was waiting for the body and cabin change personally. I'm 6'2" so I needed the room. Plus I was also waiting for the timing chain.... Screw timing belts. Lol

I'm starting to get envious guys , I think I'm the only non-Tacoma owner around, ha ! Actually I'M GOOD , AT least til the snow melts ! Did find a 2003 TRD that is factory SUPER charged . Anybody have any experience with these type of setups ? What is the good and bad ? Thanks, I'm sure there are a lot if you more knowledgeable than I ABOUT this .

I'm starting to get envious guys , I think I'm the only non-Tacoma owner around, ha ! Actually I'M GOOD , AT least til the snow melts ! Did find a 2003 TRD that is factory SUPER charged . Anybody have any experience with these type of setups ? What is the good and bad ? Thanks, I'm sure there are a lot if you more knowledgeable than I ABOUT this .
Yup. I think there is a few of us that have them. Do your research on that though before you buy it. Make sure everything checks out. There is a guy in my area is on his 3rd engine. At 21k for each one(still under warranty) you don't want to have those kind of problems.

Back