Those with the 2016

Bane

What's your opinions, pros and cons, and experiences on the new Tacoma?
I wanna pick one up later next year and just want to see what people are saying.
I wanna get the TRD Off Road access cab in quicksand.

Picked up my 16' TRD off road access cab two weeks ago.
No problems so far.
Minor changes: header bed rail does not come standard on the 16s. ($45 from the dealer)
Rear head rests on the access cab are not needed in my option. Obstruct view.
I'm going to take them out.
Waiting on lo pro bed cover, weather tech matts, and mud flaps.
(Not available yet for the 16')

No complaints so far, I love the truck. I love all the technology and the entertainment system is one of the best I've used. I average 22mpg on the highway and around 17 in the city, as long as I don't get all crazy. I have TRD Sport v6 4 door

2nd tank of gas mpg average 20.3. Con for me is (Tonnue)cover is not a tight seal. I need to try the tension screw to see if that works.

Picked up my 16' TRD off road access cab two weeks ago.
No problems so far.
Minor changes: header bed rail does not come standard on the 16s. ($45 from the dealer)
Rear head rests on the access cab are not needed in my option. Obstruct view.
I'm going to take them out.
Waiting on lo pro bed cover, weather tech matts, and mud flaps.
(Not available yet for the 16')
I just got an email from weather tech yesterday saying they now have mats for 2016.

Mine is a 2016 Inferno TRD 4x4. So far on I-45 in Houston getting 20.5 gas mpg. Rough ride on some streets. I don't like the Entune software as its a pain to get some station via web, uses up your data on your phone. The tonneau cover doesn't keep water out so I cover stuff with a tarp inside. Transmission shifts too much. Other than that I like the truck.

I ordered a 2016 Tacoma TRD off road, crew cab, long bed in inferno with the premium and tech package and some other goodies. It took 4 months to arrive but was well worth the wait. I also added tint, the 6 year warranty, and five year maintenance plan after arrival. After discounts I paid $40k.
The gas mileage is pretty poor for my driving and where I live. 18.5mpg combined. The highways in Colorado are very up and down and cruising at 75mpg usually nets 17.5mpg or less.
Crawl control has gotten me out of a few sticky situations in some deep snow (30-36").
The premium JBL is absolutely awesome. Too bassy for the doors as they rattle like hell.
Entune uses a ton of cellular data so be careful. Under seat storage is fairly spacy, I have an axe, ice scraper, chains, jack, hat, gloves and water.
I'm only 5'6" so there is plenty of room for me. My brother is 5'11" and was very comfy in the back.
Soon I will be putting an ARE Overland shell, 3" lift, 17x9 rims and Goodyear Duratrac tires (knobbiest with a mileage warranty that I could find, and for a great price).
Exciting things to come.

Mike W.

Back