Tire monitoring system

dunecrazy

I was wanting to run an aggressive at tire or mud tire over the winter and more of a h non aggressive tire is the summer and run two sets of rims. Do I need to reprogram the tire pressure sensors every time I change rims.

Buy another set of sensors so both sets of wheels have them.
Depending on what year you have disable it by holding down the TPMS button for about 15 secs while you are driving.
I think you should be able to unplug the TPMS ECU.

Buy another set of sensors so both sets of wheels have them.
Depending on what year you have disable it by holding down the TPMS button for about 15 secs while you are driving.
I think you should be able to unplug the TPMS ECU.

You would have to program each set when you swap. The TPMS cannot be disabled by holding the button down. All that does is set the low pressure threshold.

I wasn't for sure if I would have the sensors in both sets of rims if they would have to be reprogrammed each time I changed rims. I would be changing out about October 1 then back on April 1.

Will you be installing them yourself or have the shop you bought the tires and wheels from do it for you?

I get my wheels and tires from discount tires or Les Schwabs. Both places will rotate their tires for free. I would make sure when I needed to rotate my tires I brought the other set with me and instead of putting the aggressive ones back on have them put the road ones on. Go back and forth like that. They would program them and do it for free that way.

Back