tire pressure affecting ride?

Hey guys, Im a first time tacoma owner. I just bought a 99 2.7l SR5 4x4. 112,000 miles one owner. Picked it up for 8500 bones. Three inch lift with brand new Toyo Open Country AT's 285/75/17.

The smoothness of the ride was pretty decent when I bought it, but today I took it to a shop to have the tires turned around because I like white walls better. Now the ride is unbelievably stiff. The cab rattles and the truck feels like its shaking pretty bad. They used a computer balancer so I dont think thats the problem, wondering if to much tire pressure can cause this. They put 75 psi in when they filled them up. On the sidewall it says 80 is max. Any ideas on what PSI I should be running? Manufacturer specs are for 15's.

Drop the pressure to 35. They're hard as rocks at 75 psi. I run 35 inch tires with 25psi all day.

You should do the chalk test to determine the pressure you should be running. You mark across the tire and drive. If the line wears quicker in the middle you are over inflated. If the outsides wear away quicker you are under inflated. You are looking for an even wear pattern.

I have a 2013 Tacoma, V6, LB, 4x4, Limited. My tires are Bridgestone Dueler H/T. P265/60R18. The sticker on the door says the tires should be at 29 psi cold. The dealer had them at 35. I think it's best to keep them as the manufacturer suggests. Am I right? ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1371157330.900946.jpg

Back