Tire size question

Im trying to decide what size tire to go with. I have 265/70/17 right now but thinking about going a little bigger. My 07 has a leveling lift on it, what size can I fit?

Leveling kits only raise the front enough to match the rear height. You won't be able to fit any larger. Now if you went with a lift kit you would need at least 3 inches to clear 285s.

Well yeah. Is there any other way? o_O
Companies will call a 3” spacers in front and 1.5” AAL in back a 3” leveling kit. People will call these leveling kits because they are sold as a “leveling kit”
I know what you’re saying with the verbiage and I agree. If you level the front to take the factory rake out it’s a leveling kit. If you lift the front and the rear it’s a lift kit even if it’s leveling the rake out.

Companies will call a 3” spacers in front and 1.5” AAL in back a 3” leveling kit. People will call these leveling kits because they are sold as a “leveling kit”
I know what you’re saying with the verbiage and I agree. If you level the front to take the factory rake out it’s a leveling kit. If you lift the front and the rear it’s a lift kit even if it’s leveling the rake out.

Gotta teach the younglings the correct wordage.

I got 2in of lift in the front from the leveling kit. It looks like 285s would fit compared to the way my 265s look now. Im getting new wheels with a - 12 offset. I was thinking woth the combination of the offset wheels an 2in of lift that a 285 would fit. Am I wrong?

If you turn and bounce, you'll get a knarley rub,... cab mount chop and plastic trimming would help a lot.

I got 2in of lift in the front from the leveling kit. It looks like 285s would fit compared to the way my 265s look now. Im getting new wheels with a - 12 offset. I was thinking woth the combination of the offset wheels an 2in of lift that a 285 would fit. Am I wrong?
It’s going to rub like @Crawdad said. a 0 or a -6 offset will rub less.

I have 285/65X18 tires on my 2015 4X4 with 2 1/2" lift in front and aal rear leaf. Just removed the mudflaps and front mini plastic pieces. But I have +12 offset. I do get a tiny bit of rubbing on the uca with full turn of the steering wheel. Prior to my lift kit I ran the same tires with a 2 1/2 leveling kit with 1" rear block.

Back