Tires rubbing

jweir1995

I have a 05 black Tacoma double cab and recently installed a 3in front and 2in rear rough country suspension lift kit and the tires are 33in and rubbing a good bit more than I want to. Any ideas on what I can do? I'm not downsizing tires so any ideas on reducing the rubbing?

I have a 05 black Tacoma double cab and recently installed a 3in front and 2in rear rough country suspension lift kit and the tires are 33in and rubbing a good bit more than I want to. Any ideas on what I can do? I'm not downsizing tires so any ideas on reducing the rubbing?
How wide did you go on your tires?

I would recommend new rims, if financially possible. Spacers can put extra wear and tear on your studs. Look for a deep offset rim.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1431523855.534364.jpg

I rubbed then I got new rims. The old ones were 35x20/10. New ones are 35x20/9 and work much better!

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1431523914.898993.jpg

Be very careful with that shackle/tow hook arrangement brother. It may just be the picture, but it looks like the position will side load the crosby shackle you have in there. Shackles are tested and rated along their long axis, side loading can cause them to fail far below their rated load strength. Also if you had to recover with that shackle like that, the pull would torque it up and cause the pin to bind against the skid plate, again causing it to fail. The stored energy placed upon lines and hardware from recovery can be very high, when straps, winch lines, or hardware fails, the energy release can be catastrophic. Many bad injuries, some fatal, have occurred when metal gets flying at high speed. Have fun and come home safe.

Back