Tires too wide

b-rad

I just bought a used 2013 taco 4x4, 4.0 V6, leveled, 6 speed man. w/12,000 miles. It has 3" lift front and back. The tires are LT275/70R-18 Toyos. Rims are Fuel 18x11. LES SCHWAB did the work. Looks nice but the front tires rub on coils and flaps. Sux. Why Schwab let this go is beyond me. I'm going to get 16" or 17" tires put on with narrower tires. Any suggestions? When that's done, 18" rims & tires will be for sale.

Also, the spare tire is original 16". Hope I don't get a flat. Is there any way to enlarge the area under bed where the spare is stored for a larger tire and rim?

Also, the spare tire is original 16". Hope I don't get a flat. Is there any way to enlarge the area under bed where the spare is stored for a larger tire and rim?

No, everything under is too close to go to much bigger and all of the stuff in the way is pretty much permanent, at least on the DCLB, you can still use the smaller tire if something does happen, just don't run on it to long or you'll probably burn up your rear diff...

11" wide rims are too wide for that tire. You could go with a 1/4" or 1/2" wheel spacer for more inner clearance. But you will probably need to remove the plastic flaps. A lot cheaper than new wheels and tires if you like what's on it now. Take some pics and post.

Back