Tires

chadley

I bought my ‘17 pro used with 31K miles. The tires are stock and looked ok when I got them. I have put about 2k miles on them in the past month and my neighbor came over and the first thing he said was that my tires look worn.

Do I need a new neighbor or a new set of tires?

How many miles should I expect out of a set of tires that are 85% road used.

Moving on to question #2, with no lift in mind, what tires do you recommend for a daily driver?

Thanks

I bought my ‘17 pro used with 31K miles. The tires are stock and looked ok when I got them. I have put about 2k miles on them in the past month and my neighbor came over and the first thing he said was that my tires look worn.

Do I need a new neighbor or a new set of tires?

How many miles should I expect out of a set of tires that are 85% road used.

Moving on to question #2, with no lift in mind, what tires do you recommend for a daily driver?

Thanks
1. How do you know that the first 31k Miles where 85% road used? Maybe the previous owner peeled around all day. The tires they use aren’t that great and 35k miles is getting close to what most tires realistically will last. Manufactures say 40/50/60k but you’re lucky if you can get 40k out of any tire.

2. Tire size
275/70/65 will fit.
265/75/16 would give a little more tire and not take a big hit on mpg.
For a DD and best MPG go with the stock size 265/70/16.

Goodyear wrangler duratracs. I have them on my Tacoma and 4runner with stock rims and they have a 50,000 mile warranty they’re not noisy very aggressive looking and ride great on and off road and you can’t beat the price

I’ve ran my falken wildpeaks at3w for about 2 years give or take and I love them, 265/70r17 definitely going to get some 285/70r17s soon, another set because oh how well theses tires have been. And I have 37,000 miles on my truck so I’d say about 20k on the tires and still look great.

Goodyear wrangler duratracs. I have them on my Tacoma and 4runner with stock rims and they have a 50,000 mile warranty they’re not noisy very aggressive looking and ride great on and off road and you can’t beat the price

Can u post a pic or 2?

Back