Tires

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by dcb, Jun 4, 2019.

1. dcb

dcb New Member

Hey, I just purchased the obligatory 3" rough country lift for my 18 tacoma. What's the biggest tire I can run without modifications. I've heard 285's, Is that correct?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Obligatory? Lol

4. OP
    dcb

dcb New Member

Well, it's cheap and does what I need it to do without changing the ride. They do ride nice. I'm tall and sick of hitting my freaking head every time I get in and out of this thing! Im used to much bigger trucks and need this thing to grow up a bit! Was hoping the lift and new set of sneakers would help heal my skull! Plus I tend to overload the bed often. Just looking for input. Any would be appreciated, thanks.

5. kp.taco

Ok gotcha.. I thinks 285s are pretty much the limit but @OR17TRD is our lift/tire and wheel expert. Maybe he will chime in

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. OP
    dcb

dcb New Member

Thank you.

7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

265/75/16 or 265/70/17 on stock wheels.
    285/75/16 or 285/70/17 with the right offset and or wheel spacers.
    O or -6 offsets seems to work well.
    Maybe a 305/65/17 on a +4 offset if you want fat
    Or a
    275/70/18 on +18 offset if you want taller skinny.
    Any of those it’s about the right offset of the wheel and a good alignment to limit rubbing. You might have some rubbing at full lock. The wider or lower the offset you go the more likely it will rub.

dsauer22, JRE, kp.taco and 1 other person like this.
  8. kp.taco

See ^^^^^^ told you he was the expert. Lol

9. Default User

Default User Active Member