Tonneau cover.. soft or hard?

Depends on what youre needs are, security or just something to cover the bed that can easily be removed if you want to haul something big. Ive had both, and both have their advantages and disadvantages, so it depends on what you want. Even though some of the hard covers claim to be easily removable it would probably not be an easy operation for 1 person.

Depends on what youre needs are, security or just something to cover the bed that can easily be removed if you want to haul something big. Ive had both, and both have their advantages and disadvantages, so it depends on what you want. Even though some of the hard covers claim to be easily removable it would probably not be an easy operation for 1 person.

Agreed ^^^
The soft cover is easier to remove and put on.

Would mostly be for security for all my army gear and i would be hauling my dirt bike as well. So with the hard cover its not easily removable?
Operationally some would be easy to remove, it would just be the size and weight that would be hard for 1 person to deal with. You might consider one of the hard roll up ones, ive never had one of those but in theory it might meet you're needs. In crude terms they are like a rollup door that mounts to the front of you're bed and then has tracks that runs the length of youre bed. There are several accessory places online to check out youre options. Ive used CARID before, they have lots of options and I've been well satisfied with their service.

I've had a soft tri-fold on my other truck, & a hard tri-fold now. I enjoy my hard tri-fold much more. It's the best of both worlds; provides protection, security, & it folds up or removes if needed.

I would recommend Tonneau covers or something similar just because they do provide some security, and they fold completely up whenever you need to haul something. I'll show a picture below on how well it works for me.

Hard folding cover.
I really like the Bakflip MX4. Folds back giving access to bed and protecting the window. Lock the tail gate and gear is secure. It’s low profile. It’s pretty easy to completely remove if needed.
View attachment 25345 View attachment 25346
I second Bak Industries. Have the Revolver X2 on my Superdutys.

Only reason I didn't get the Flip is the ability to see out the rear window when its folded up while driving. The Revolver rolls up and only sticks up about 8 inches when rolled up.

I second Bak Industries. Have the Revolver X2 on my Superdutys.

Only reason I didn't get the Flip is the ability to see out the rear window when its folded up while driving. The Revolver rolls up and only sticks up about 8 inches when rolled up.
I wanted the window protection. Hauling wood, debri, and anything that could shift forward while driving and take the window out. Peace of mind but yeah can’t see out the window.

Like I said to my wife. Did you see it. I do not believe in ghost.
I usually dont appease the sheep on forums. Especially ones I'm a vendor or sponsor of, or for that matter, even relatively active on. But,since I'm neither here and I have no reason to lie and wont be called one also, either directly or indirectly. I took the liberty of adding your name in the pic as well.

So, I went into my other storage area at my shop and found 2 extra covers just sitting in there. I think one has an leather conditioner on it I didn't like and couldn't get it off completely and the other has a hole cut for a stack. Either way I didn't like them and bought 2 more. 20190412_085431.jpgScreenshot_20190412-090516_Gallery.jpg

I like the soft roll up ones best for my uses. Had the same brand on the last 3 trucks I owned.

Drove thru a hellasious storm last week on 4 a little north of Orlando. People were parked under bridges...a little hail was falling. Got home and unloaded some wood I had in the back and didn't see any water. Didn't look up towards the cab thou.

i-jv4985G-L.jpg

i-CcLjWjx-M.jpg

I have had all kinds of tonneau covers over the years, I like the security of a hard cover but if you haul much a soft roll up cover is great. I have the soft tri fold now and I have to take it off if I haul pretty much anything.

I bought a used factory tried fold and love it. Super easy to swap out and you need to remove one bolt and it can be fully removed for dirty bikes and what not. Check Craig's list in your local area.

Back