Toolboxes

BamaFan

Been debating on getting a toolbox for my 2013 Tacoma. Wondering if anyone had pics of theirs. If there is already a topic about this let me know. I couldn't find it. Would like a black slim one. Just wanted to see if it looks good or not.

I've got a 2013 tacoma also. I just purchased a Kobalt tool box at Lowes for under $160 and it looks great. I painted mine black using Krylon primer & paint hammered spray paint and it turned out great. Just lightly sanded surface with 400 sandpaper prior to. You have to get a mounting bracket that is 25 bucks where you won't have to drill into your bed rails. You will have to remove the rail system attached to your side rails to use the mounting system. You can view my pic on my profile.

Do you have the log bed or short? It's nice when you have the 6 foot bed but with the 5 foot it becomes impractical in my opinion, because you lose a lot of bed space. Just something to think about, unless you don't mind having the limited space.

I have a short bed which is why it's hard to make a decision. I have a 5x10 trailer to haul my four wheeler with. Just have always had a tool box but when I decided to buy the truck iv always wanted I lost bed space. But I love the truck. Decisions. Decisions... Haven't seen a lot of short bed Tacomas w toolboxes.

I found one that mounts to the rear side of the bed that I found to be quite handy and could also be secured for $174 on Amazon

Back