Towing

TacoGal

Can someone tell me if it's ok to tow a 6x12 uhaul in "Drive" in my 2016 Tacoma TRD off-road 4x4

Your manual should have more info. The best practice is to use a lower gear so the transmission isn't hunting between gears. So if it's in and out of 6th then you should use sequential mode to limit the trans to 5th as your top gear.

Thanks y'all.. if the ECT will work I'd rather use that than have to worry about shifting.

Whippersnapper speaks the truth. Go manual side, put into 5th, ect on, and drive. Depending on terrain, you may find lower gear selection is needed, like 3rd or 4th up steep inclines/mountain highways. But for mostly flat terrain, 5th will likely be your happy place

Can you use ECT and cruise control while towing 18 ft Bass Cat
You can.
ECT just changes the shift points and CC just holds the speed. As long as the 18’ boat isn’t outside of the tow capacity of the Tacoma it’s ok. I wouldn’t use it when going up and down big hills or over mountains I’d want more control. Flat interstates sure.

You can.
ECT just changes the shift points and CC just holds the speed. As long as the 18’ boat isn’t outside of the tow capacity of the Tacoma it’s ok. I wouldn’t use it when going up and down big hills or over mountains I’d want more control. Flat interstates sure.
Thanks so much appreciate your input Cat weight around 3200 pds.

Back