Towing

alyons

I have an 06 double cab 2wd. My wife and I want to buy a small travel trailer. The owners manual says that the towing capacity for my vehicle is maximum 3500lbs(trailer weight + cargo weight).
This is going to be a stupid question but does that mean the total weight of the trailer I am hauling or does that mean the trailer weight plus whatever weight I have on the truck itself?
I appreciate any info.

Believe thats total weight. Shouldnt be a problem towing a small trailer though. But not a 30 footer or anything like that.

Hi, thanks for the response. Just so I'm clear, that means that if Im pulling a trailer that weighs 3500lbs, then just the weight of myself and any passengers in the truck would put me over the limit. Is that correct?

Towing depends on your set up. At least that's how I understand it, a ball on your bumper is 3500, but I believe a hitch will handle 5000~5500. Also depends on 4 cylinder or V6.

Your truck is Zero, go from there. 3500 should be from your bumper ( not a good idea ). Hitch is the way to go. The V6 with tow package pulls up to 6500.

Back