Toyota 4.0 liter supercharger.

I drove a buddy's truck with one and I wasn't too impressed. It was more likely due to the fact that it wasn't my truck so I was being nice to it. If it was mine I would have popped it into 4wd and launched away. :D

I think I would throw a blower on my truck but I wouldn't go crazy with a bunch of work. I would much rather put go fast parts on a sports car.

Does the O2 sensor compensate if i use 87 octane?

Let me tell you first off don't use 87. Technically it is possible to use it but the ecu will mess with the timing to prevent detonation of the engine, so you will get power loss. If you got the money for a blower, you should be fine using 91 or higher

Does the O2 sensor compensate if i use 87 octane?

Normally the knock sensors watch knock. If any is detected then timing is adjusted to prevent it but boost changes that. You can only retard the timing so much to prevent knock and it comes easier with boost. Some engines with direct injection can compensate for it since the fuel is injected when it needs to burn and not before.

Simply put if you have boost you need higher octane unless you like the sound of popcorn and you like vent holes in your engine block.

Back