Toyota dealership suspension vs third party

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Baja gringo, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Baja gringo

Baja gringo New Member

Time to upgrade my 2019 trd sport suspension for moderate off roading. I want a 3 inch lift but like the idea of a proper suspension kit vs just some spacers. Dealership quoted $2k for Bilstein pro and $3k for the Fox. I dont know much about suspension so Im not sure if its better to buy parts myself and have a place install or just go to the dealership.. Help please!

Cape taco likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Baja gringo

Baja gringo New Member

This is what the dealership is offering for about $2,300 usd

Attached Files:

Cape taco and OR17TRD like this.
  4. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Lotta people use Bilstein 5100s which is what it will upgrade to when the time comes

5. TacoTruck2019

TacoTruck2019 Well-Known Member

Id check around on prices and if the dealer price is pretty much inline id go with the dealer. Usually if the dealer does the work they will warranty ither issues that might arise due to being lifted.

WooD and Cape taco like this.
  6. Tape

Tape Well-Known Member

I'd go with TRD but I would install it myself.

Cape taco likes this.