Toyota oil

Have a new 2015 toyota tacoma trd off road. Love the truck. I have 2 years of toyota care. Free oil changes. The only problem is. I live approx 2hr from the dealership. I have always changed my own oil. I was reading in the owners manual. It says use Toyota oil. What's the difference between toyota oil and any other oil. Thanks for any help. And also what oil filter would you recommend. Thanks again for any help.

I have a 2015 access cab 4x4 and at the first oil change I had the dealer put in synthetic oil and they use Mobil 1. Other dealers may use something else. Any quality oil will do the trick.

Yes.... Quality oil is the key. I'm running 5w-20 Valvoline Syn-Blend Maxlife in my 2009 Tacoma. 157,000 trouble-free miles.

Have a new 2015 toyota tacoma trd off road. Love the truck. I have 2 years of toyota care. Free oil changes. The only problem is. I live approx 2hr from the dealership. I have always changed my own oil. I was reading in the owners manual. It says use Toyota oil. What's the difference between toyota oil and any other oil. Thanks for any help. And also what oil filter would you recommend. Thanks again for any help.
Use Amsoil Signature Series every 5-10,000 miles as I do or Mobil1 Extended every 5-10,000 miles and a High quality Oil Filter, I use Amsoil,K&N, or Mobil1 Oil Filters only. I also attach a few strong magnets on outside underneath Oil Pan for metal chips or fragments catching ! AMSOIL Signature Series is good for 25,000 and Mobil1 Extended for up to 15,000 miles,I don't risk it I go 5-10,000 only ! Insurance, and I add TufOil or Lubegard Oil Additives every oil change also! Science and technology ! MIT Grad and Mechanical studies !

In my 2001 supercharged TRD I have been told that it needs synthetic but I suspect it has had regular put in by dealer and perhaps previous owners maybe. I have heard conflicting stories on weather or not to use synthetic with 210k miles on it. Some say yes it should use it others say if I switch now i will have leaks spring up. currently I just have a light oooz coming from valve cover gasket. what do you guys think, should I use synthetic?

Back