Toyota Tacoma Extended Warranty

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
What are your thoughts on the Extended Warranty? Did you purchase it? How much did it cost?

I bought mine used as well, and the offer of $8k for the warranty on top of the price of the truck, I passed! I can do my own wrenching.

I did get a lifetime warranty front end alignment from Firestone for $170 when I bought new tires. So free alignments from now on.

Last edited:
I did not buy any type of extended warranty when I bought my truck. This why I bought a Toyota, typically if you have a problem with a vehicle it usually happens within the first 30k miles.

I have it for mine paid like 1200 or 1400 don't remember it's good 5 or 6 years and 100k but I doubt it's any good now since I have lifted and everything

I purchased a optional " Toyota platinum " extended coverage for about $600-$700. It is bumper to bumper ( except wear items ) until 5/18/19 and 100,000mi with 24hr road side assistance, free towing,lockout services kinda like AAA. it does give piece of mind but It has drawbacks. Toyota has to maintainence the truck. 15k,30k,60k and fluid changes.

I didn't intend to buy the extended warranty but two factors swayed me. One was the fact that it pushed my financing just over 20k so I could add 1 year to get my payment where I wanted it. And the 2nd was the price, which I can't remember but it started kinda high and the finance guy kept bringing it down to where I was pretty sure he was at rock bottom. I think it was in the range of $1500 for the 100k bumper to bumper but I'd have to look at my paper work to confirm.

The dealer Im buying from, quoted me over $2,000 which made me go online and look. Big shock to see I can get the SAME warranty for 1/2 of what the dealer is charging. This has always been the case with GM and Chrysler too. I was told they have 100% mark-up and now I believe it.. Even if you get them to knock off 25%, they still took you for a 25% profit.. IN my case, I usually buy the extended warranty as "peace of mind".. Nothing like being 1,000 miles past the original warranty and having to diagnose in issue with the computer or something worse... Been there, done that.. My wife's last car we more than got our money back on it and then some.. Right up until the dealer installed a new A/C unit 3 months before the warranty ended and it developed a short, caught fire and burned all the way into the dash.. Oh yeah!

I purchased a optional " Toyota platinum " extended coverage for about $600-$700. It is bumper to bumper ( except wear items ) until 5/18/19 and 100,000mi with 24hr road side assistance, free towing,lockout services kinda like AAA. it does give piece of mind but It has drawbacks. Toyota has to maintainence the truck. 15k,30k,60k and fluid changes.

I have AAA Plus and that's my peace of mind. Free towing, 24 hr road assistance, Battery Services, Bail, etc. I've had it for about 20 yrs now. $81 a year and with as many tows as I got in my Chevelle, and my Hi-Lux it's more than paid for it. Didn't have to use it with my PreRunner or my new Tacoma.......yet.....:whistling2:

I do call them for the travel packages when I go cross country on roadtrips. At least I'm getting something since I haven't broke down since 2002. :blink:

Best part of it is I can use it in any vehicle I'm in. Had to use it a couple times when a bud of mine got stuck while we were out an about.

Last edited:
My truck comes with a 2 years mechanical warrant on it means free oil change and tires rotate free great lol

Here is the best deal I found as of today:

So Far.. This is the best deal yet to buy the Toyota Platinum Zero Deduct 8 year 125k mile warranty..
Elmore Toyota.. Westminister Calif
EXTENDED WARRANTY: 888-879-6599
Extended Warranty Plan Details
Coverage: Platinum
Coverage Terms: 8 Years / 125,000 Miles
Deductible: $0.00

Vehicle Information
Vehicle Year: 2013
Vehicle Model: Tacoma 4WD
Vehicle Mileage: 11
Pricing Details

PRICE: $1460

I didn't buy the extended warranty on my 2013.
On my 2006, I waited until the 3/36 was almost up & did get one from Troy at Greenfield Toyota in Greenfield, Mass. It was a lot cheaper like 880 for the 5/100/0 plan.
I did use it once.
When I traded the truck, I cashed it in & got 500 back so I dunno, I think this time I will pass on it.

Here is the best deal I found as of today:

So Far.. This is the best deal yet to buy the Toyota Platinum Zero Deduct 8 year 125k mile warranty..
Elmore Toyota.. Westminister Calif
EXTENDED WARRANTY: 888-879-6599
Extended Warranty Plan Details
Coverage Terms: 8 Years / 125,000 Miles
Deductible: $0.00

Vehicle Information
Vehicle Year: 2013
Vehicle Model: Tacoma 4WD
Vehicle Mileage: 11
Pricing Details

PRICE: $1460

I got something similar from First Team Toyota in Chesapeake, VA.

Coverage Terms: 10 year / 100,000 miles
Deductible: $100
Price paid: $1466

My truck had 58 miles on it when I got it. I put 20 of those on it during the test drive.

Dont do it i run a shop they dont pay for enough to make it worth it they want the cheapest parts won't pay for extras like coolant rtv parts cleaner and the a lot of times most expensive diagnostic there are only a couple that are ok but I still don't find it worth the money trust me tell the dealers/ telemarketers to shove it

I have AAA Plus and that's my peace of mind. Free towing, 24 hr road assistance, Battery Services, Bail, etc. I've had it for about 20 yrs now. $81 a year and with as many tows as I got in my Chevelle, and my Hi-Lux it's more than paid for it. Didn't have to use it with my PreRunner or my new Tacoma.......yet.....:whistling2:

I do call them for the travel packages when I go cross country on roadtrips. At least I'm getting something since I haven't broke down since 2002. :blink:

Best part of it is I can use it in any vehicle I'm in. Had to use it a couple times when a bud of mine got stuck while we were out an about.
I had a flat today and if I couldn't plug the tire well enough to make it 15 more miles it would it cost me $75 at my shop discount to tow it and I do that a couple times a year do two flat tires on my country roads I'll be calling in the morning to sign up

I got the extended warranty to take my truck up to a 100k figure if something would go seriously wrong it would blow up before then with my driving.. think it cost 1500 extra (really got the guy down on price)

Back