TPMS light

toywoodsguy82

So my tpms light came on... so I checked my tire pressures and all of them were fine. Took my taco into toyota dealer to get its oil changed (just because I had 2 free one left) and they said that one of the sensors is out yet couldn’t tell me which one until they ran a diagnostic test. They say the cost to replace ONE of them is almost $400.

First how can you tell one is out of you didn’t run the diagnostic test in the first place?

Second has anyone else had this problem and if so did you take it in to fix it or do it yourself?

So my tpms light came on... so I checked my tire pressures and all of them were fine. Took my taco into toyota dealer to get its oil changed (just because I had 2 free one left) and they said that one of the sensors is out yet couldn’t tell me which one until they ran a diagnostic test. They say the cost to replace ONE of them is almost $400.

First how can you tell one is out of you didn’t run the diagnostic test in the first place?

Second has anyone else had this problem and if so did you take it in to fix it or do it yourself?
$400 wow. I want to say discount tires was going to charge me $60 for one.

$400 wow. I want to say discount tires was going to charge me $60 for one.

Yea my guess is they were trying to take advantage of my wife... she’s the one that took it in while I was working.

She called me and asked me if I knew the light was on and I said yea been on for a week ask them about it.

Yea my guess is they were trying to take advantage of my wife... she’s the one that took it in while I was working.

She called me and asked me if I knew the light was on and I said yea been on for a week ask them about it.
Always trying to take advantage of the ladies. Damn Harvey Dealers

That seems closer to what I would expect to pay. Was that $400 price tag for all 4 or just one?

Well I thought my wife said just one... my guess is there was some miss communication between either my wife and the dealership or my wife and I...

I’m gonna go with the dealership option because they told her only one was out hahaha

That’s what I thought they quoted me last time I was in there. Maybe call Nolan’s point S. I think discount tires was the best price when I was looking.

Love Nolan’s. They have always taken care of my family even when I was a young kid and Zims was still on the corner.

Well I thought my wife said just one... my guess is there was some miss communication between either my wife and the dealership or my wife and I...

I’m gonna go with the dealership option because they told her only one was out hahaha
$1600 for 4 TPMS sensors. Haha I’m thinking all 4 for $400 which is still crazy.

Back