Traction Control

Scuzzy

Does anyone have a clue as to how to disconnect the traction control completely? I have been working on this for some time now and shutting it off at the switch is bypassed as soon as you exceed 30 mph, which is dangerous as hell when drifting on corners. Frustration has now set in, so please help if you know a way to eliminate it totally.

Thanks

Scuzzy

You can disconnect an ABS sensor but you would lose ABS as well.

Are you pushing and holding the button or just pushing to activate ALSD?

Yeah I push to deactivate and it lurks...at 30 it comes back on. I will pull the fuse again, but last time I tried that it put the truck in limp mode. I will try the ABS trick if the fuse deal does not work this time...it says TRD Off Road, why the hell not have a high speed disconnect? Just like the elocker override in 2 or 4wd...really? Uggghhh...thanks guys...

And it is dangerous when I'm drifting...tries to straighten the truck when I am sideways in the corners...almost rolled the damn thing...not natural to have the passenger activate the brakes...lol

You need to be clear here. You are stopped while pushing and holding the button until the off light comes on?

If you have an offroad, you can just lock the rear end. In the end, there is no real bypass.

To be perfectly clear...truck stopped, do the 5 second trip to shut off in 2wd, drive away, as soon as you hit 30 mph, traction control turns back on. I have the rear locker bypass to turn on as I choose, and in high range, at 30 mph, it turns back on. I did pull the fuse, again, and as soon as I hit 30 mph the truck goes into limp mode. Frustrating.

Back