Trade in values?

I’m wondering if anyone’s traded in a newer taco? I’ve got a 2018 TRD sport long bed and I’m wondering how much it might be worth traded in.
I looked into trading my 2017 in at about a year old had 7000 miles on it. They offered me $37,500 MSRP was $41,200
DCLB off-road with tech and premium packages I also had about $5000 in upgrades to it. I would have lost $8k on that deal.
They hold value but that seems like it’s the 3-5 yr mark that you really see the value come into play.
@Bogunn traded in his stock 2017 sport LB for a 2018 offroad SB he might be able to give a better insider trading info on this.

Looking them up in cargurus can give you an idea of what they are selling for in your region too. Not so much a trade in value but asking prices. That can help if you know what a dealer is going to sale it for you can ask $1500-2000 less for trade in that still leaves some meat on the bone for them. Be really happy if you can get close to $1000 less than retail value in it for a trade. They usually want at least $3-4K below MSRP on trades. You’re usually better trying to sale it on your own.

Back