Traffic Camera’s

OR17TRD

Traffic camera’s i.e. traffic enforcement camera, red light camera, road safety camera, road rule camera, photo radar, photo enforcement, speed camera, Gatso, safety camera, bus lane camera, flash for cash, Safe-T-Cam.
Like them, love them, hate them?
What’s your thoughts and experiences?

Mine... Well... I got this awesome new avatar picture delivered USPS.
39195B6E-DBA4-4AE3-A880-6ADD159E5343.jpeg
46 in a 35... it use to be 45 on that street... Right?. I wasn’t part of the email cc that Camera’s where installed in June. I didn’t get the TPS report so I smile and wave.

I don’t have to worry about traffic cameras unless I’m traveling through a state like yours where “Big Brother” is a little too invasive. Lol.
West Virginia passed a law that they are illegal to use for red lights or traffic enforcement.
There are a couple of other states that have similar laws to ours.

I don’t have to worry about traffic cameras unless I’m traveling through a state like yours where “Big Brother” is a little too invasive. Lol.
West Virginia passed a law that they are illegal to use for red lights or traffic enforcement.
There are a couple of other states that have similar laws to ours.
Yeah I’m not a fan. Never have been. I don’t like seeing cameras looking at me.

In San Diego , they've tried photo enforcement in the city of San Diego & around in some of the unincorporated areas several times & within a couple months they'd (the city/county) find themselves in Federal court trying to defend themselves against the high number of "red light runners" .

Was it because of people were trying to beat out the camera by flying thru intersections ? No, it was because all these communities & agencies contracted with private parties to oversee & "maintain" all traffic light operations/calibrations/timers, etc; (you see where this is going) it seems in the contracts these communities entered into theres a stipulation that the "overseeing" contractor receive a percentage of fees & fines generated by traffic enforcement cameras.....

Gee, don't think they'd mojo the system in their favor...right

But to answer the question , they blow chunks IMO...

In San Diego , they've tried photo enforcement in the city of San Diego & around in some of the unincorporated areas several times & within a couple months they'd (the city/county) find themselves in Federal court trying to defend themselves against the high number of "red light runners" .

Was it because of people were trying to beat out the camera by flying thru intersections ? No, it was because all these communities & agencies contracted with private parties to oversee & "maintain" all traffic light operations/calibrations/timers, etc; (you see where this is going) it seems in the contracts these communities entered into theres a stipulation that the "overseeing" contractor receive a percentage of fees & fines generated by traffic enforcement cameras.....

Gee, don't think they'd mojo the system in their favor...right

But to answer the question , they blow chunks IMO...
Just found my new angle. Thanks. Let it be, let it be.

When I was in AZ a cop told me if you faught the photo radar in court you would win because the tickets are controlled by a third party and not a real cop. Not sure if it's true but it was a cop that told me that. So maybe it's worth taking a shot at.

I'm a retired cop and they are unconstitutional. Not that that will save you from a ticket. The gov can't charge you with anything less than a felony unless it occurs in the presence of the issuing agent. In other words, I couldn't charge somebody with a misdemeanor or traffic offense unless I personally witnessed it. Shop lifting was a misdemeanor where I worked and we didn't make the complaint, unless we witnessed it, the victim did. We would get a statement from the victim, roll in with the suspect and the victim, the court would issue the summons based on the victim's statement, but the cop never issued it.

A machine can't issue a summons, no cop or government official witnessed that white taco speeding, so any summons is bogus.

Then, you get into the whole issue of how false video info can be. Watch a soccer game on TV. Watch the replay of an offsides call from different angles and you'll change your mind about the call with each different view.

Then there is the whole kick-back thing where these companies collect the fines from the violators and then "contribute" to the re-election funds of the politicians who voted the things in to "save the children".

Then there is the overwhelming evidence about how red-light cameras CAUSE crashes. We had them in Charlotte years ago and you could see broken glass and skid marks at every intersection that had them. I drive a tractor-trailer and people would stop for green lights in 55mph roads because they thought the light might change and they didn't want to risk a ticket. I can't tell you how many times I almost kicked these idiots for a field-goal when the would slam on their brakes for a green light.

Then there is the fact that they don't stop anyone from violating the law, they just fine them for it. When a cop pulls over a speeder, he is stopping them, not just letting them continue speeding and then making them pay a fine for it.

And how much police work is going on here? When I would stop a car blowing a light on a Fri night, I would find weed, weapons, outstandng warrants, unlicensed drivers, etc. The camera doesn't do any of that.

NC got rid of them because the revenue was supposed to go to the state education fund. Nearly all of it went to the camera companies, so the courts tossed them. I'm sure the libtards will find a way to bring them back at some point and I'll just move somewhere that doesn't have them.

I'm a retired cop and they are unconstitutional. Not that that will save you from a ticket. The gov can't charge you with anything less than a felony unless it occurs in the presence of the issuing agent. In other words, I couldn't charge somebody with a misdemeanor or traffic offense unless I personally witnessed it. Shop lifting was a misdemeanor where I worked and we didn't make the complaint, unless we witnessed it, the victim did. We would get a statement from the victim, roll in with the suspect and the victim, the court would issue the summons based on the victim's statement, but the cop never issued it.

A machine can't issue a summons, no cop or government official witnessed that white taco speeding, so any summons is bogus.

Then, you get into the whole issue of how false video info can be. Watch a soccer game on TV. Watch the replay of an offsides call from different angles and you'll change your mind about the call with each different view.

Then there is the whole kick-back thing where these companies collect the fines from the violators and then "contribute" to the re-election funds of the politicians who voted the things in to "save the children".

Then there is the overwhelming evidence about how red-light cameras CAUSE crashes. We had them in Charlotte years ago and you could see broken glass and skid marks at every intersection that had them. I drive a tractor-trailer and people would stop for green lights in 55mph roads because they thought the light might change and they didn't want to risk a ticket. I can't tell you how many times I almost kicked these idiots for a field-goal when the would slam on their brakes for a green light.

Then there is the fact that they don't stop anyone from violating the law, they just fine them for it. When a cop pulls over a speeder, he is stopping them, not just letting them continue speeding and then making them pay a fine for it.

And how much police work is going on here? When I would stop a car blowing a light on a Fri night, I would find weed, weapons, outstandng warrants, unlicensed drivers, etc. The camera doesn't do any of that.

NC got rid of them because the revenue was supposed to go to the state education fund. Nearly all of it went to the camera companies, so the courts tossed them. I'm sure the libtards will find a way to bring them back at some point and I'll just move somewhere that doesn't have them.
What if they actually have highered or say an officer watched the live feed? Does that officer than have the ability to be summons and report that he/she “witnessed” the white speeding taco? Even though it wasn’t in person. It was through a monitoring system. Just curious. I have a feeling no matter how I approach this or handle this I’m going to be paying $$$ and spending my time. Seems like they always have a comeback in their favor to any appeal.

Love this post.

Back