Tranny fluid

jprins23

Do you guys recommend using Toyota brand tranny fluid or similar fluid from an auto parts store? Advanced Auto Parts is having a 20% off online sale this weekend and I need to change out my fluid.

Do you guys recommend using Toyota brand tranny fluid or similar fluid from an auto parts store? Advanced Auto Parts is having a 20% off online sale this weekend and I need to change out my fluid.
When should change the trans fluid?

Depends on driving habits. If you off road and race around and tow a lot 50k maybe even less. If you’re a commuter and mall runner you could probably get to 100k before it’s needed. I’d change mine about every 60k or every other diff/transfer case change.

I like the cautionary 50k. Better safe than sorry. You can always push it further but why take a chance.

Is that fluid any different from toyota atf ws? I plan to change the tranny fluid on my fj cruiser

I use it because I'm already a preferred customer with Amsoil so I get a slight discount. Also I have a supercharger so I wanted something better than standard Toyota stuff.

Amsoil is pricey. I guess I’ll try to be a preferred customer to get the best deals. How many miles before an oil change can amsoil motor oil guarantee?

Back