Tranny took a crap

Yodiac

My 82 just started making a terrible noise from the trans during starting/putting in clutch/moving gearshift/ letting clutch out. [emoji24].
Not sure if im just going to start taking it apart. Pic is yesterday running pretty good, was a little difficult getting into 3rd. Its a 4x4 5spd, L50 i think.

Ill keep this udated on what I'm up too, but it may be a while, ill be borrowing the wife's car.1103181145.jpeg

My 82 just started making a terrible noise from the trans during starting/putting in clutch/moving gearshift/ letting clutch out. [emoji24].
Not sure if im just going to start taking it apart. Pic is yesterday running pretty good, was a little difficult getting into 3rd. Its a 4x4 5spd, L50 i think.

Ill keep this udated on what I'm up too, but it may be a while, ill be borrowing the wife's car.View attachment 21871

Sorry man. I hate that. Hopefully the ‘82 isn’t off the road long.

That’s what I love about a Toyota. 36 years on a transmission. You may can find a used one or get that one rebuilt. I love your truck

Haha... The tranny did not crap. It was a clip on the release collar, i have been updating another post in maintenance titled clutch 82 5spd 4x4. Not nearly as funny. But i did yank a tranny in my front yard with all my might and it finally came.

Haha... The tranny did not crap. It was a clip on the release collar, i have been updating another post in maintenance titled clutch 82 5spd 4x4. Not nearly as funny. But i did yank a tranny in my front yard with all my might and it finally came.
:eek:

So that's what was going on with all those weird animal noises on the other end of the phone...? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Back