Transmision

jmartinez12

i have atmost 2 weeks that i feel like it bucks, chiver me feel like is the transmision.

2007 pre runner:sad:

any advice

change the transmission fluid complete flush,add slip lock and new rear axle fluid too!!!Screens in transmission are plugged and dirty,and need new clean traanny fluid,change rears fluid too and add anti slip lock additive! If you like go to my website to order at wholesale as a prefeered customer and put 5269135 in reference box at www.AMSOIL.com/?ZO=5269135 and become a preferred customer for as little as $10 for 6 months ! I did mine and noise went away instantly after full change of all fluids and LOF too! Good Luck ,should be simple or buy and take to Toyota Dealer or your favorite shop to just do labor and bring your own oil and fluids ! I did!

No need for friction modifier on 09 and up trucks. Toyota ditched the mechanical rear LSD for a brake actuated system.

A rear axle wouldn't just buck sometimes anyway. It would blow and you would know it immediately. The tranny was probably never serviced so the fluid and/or the tranny itself is dying.

Last edited:
No need for friction modifier on 09 and up trucks. Toyota ditched the mechanical rear LSD for a brake actuated system.

A rear axle wouldn't just buck sometimes anyway. It would blow and you would know it immediately. The tranny was probably never serviced so the fluid and/or the tranny itself is dying.

Would a drain and fill help?

I do, i just have driven 27000 miles in a year and am now at 62500 miles. I cant really afford a flush....

For some reason I thought you said something else. A drain and fill only changes 2 out of the 12 quarts in the system. So basically you dilute the new fluid with the old fluid so basically it is worthless but something is better than nothing.

Either 200 to flush now or 3K when the tranny dies.

Back