Transmission issues with larger tires

I own a 2017 Off-road stock. But looking to install OME 3” lift with 285s but just curious if larger tires with play havoc with 6 speed tranny gearing? Any info appreciated.

I own a 2017 Off-road stock. But looking to install OME 3” lift with 285s but just curious if larger tires with play havoc with 6 speed tranny gearing? Any info appreciated.
I have had 285's on my 2017 off-road for about 4,000 miles now. The only thing I have had was the needle bearing needed to be replaced. Not much info but hope it helps

It shouldn’t cause any issues. 285s aren’t much bigger than the stock tire. Only about 2”. I have them on my 17 and it’s been fine. You’ll be happy with the outcome when you do it!

Thanks guy new to posting here but not new at modi g Tacoma’s. Googled this issue with no results which tells me it’s prob not an issue

I have a 2017 off road 285/75/16’s 10 ply E load rated BFG KO2’s there has not been havoc on my tranny I’ve had them on for over 6000 miles. The only thing that happened was my MPG decrease to 13 mpg. Get 6ply “C” load rated tires not 10ply E they are to heavy and will cause your mpg to suffer more than it’s worth.
The lift is what causes the needle bearing to go out not the tires. Mine also was effected from the 3” lift.

Back