Transmission issues

MarkKery

Hey all, I drive a leased 2019 TRD OR V6 Automatic with 11000 miles on it so far, just under a year on the lease.

The other day I was in the parking lot of a store and it started to run rough so I pulled off quick, threw it in park, ran the RPM up and it seemed to go away. Fast forward to yesterday and it acted up again. I was pulling off a trail on a decline to a road and had to stop quickly. Check engine light came on and TRAC OFF on, started running rough and couldn't get past 1500 rpm and was clunking along.

Long story short, got a tow to a dealer who was of little help (Mobile, AL), drove it around the block getting it up to 1000-3000 rpm with check engine on but TRAC OFF no longer lit. Better but still slightly suspect performance. Made the judgement call to drive it the 60 miles home; 70-80mph around 2000 rpm steady pressure the whole way home.

Woke up today, check engine light off, and some performance testing later seems back to normal.

Any advice on if you think its reliable to drive this weekend? Would you take it to the dealer or not? Any advice driving it in the sport mode with ECT PWR?

Like Joel said, the codes need to be read. I'm surprised that's not one of the first things the dealer you took it to checked. If the CEL was on there should be at least one code stored. Need to figure that out and go from there

Back