Transmission Output Shaft Seal Part Number

vwgtiturbo

Hi all, I started looking for a transmission output shaft seal today and am having some difficulty finding the part number. Looking at the offline service manual, I can't even narrow what transmission I have, much less the proper Toyota part number. Local shops have their branded seal but I'd really rather go with the factory part.

The truck is an '05 PreRunner V6. If someone knows a resource that I can track the number down, I'd greatly appreciate it (or even the model number of the transmission).

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I started looking for a transmission output shaft seal today and am having some difficulty finding the part number. Looking at the offline service manual, I can't even narrow what transmission I have, much less the proper Toyota part number. Local shops have their branded seal but I'd really rather go with the factory part.

The truck is an '05 PreRunner V6. If someone knows a resource that I can track the number down, I'd greatly appreciate it (or even the model number of the transmission).

Thanks in advance!
U have an a750e

I think this is the part# 9031140001
Aka
90311-40001
Ah ha! I stumbled across many 90311 part numbers, but wildly varying "-xxxxx", which is where my confusion about the trans model came in. From further looking around, it looks like the -40001 part number was upgraded to dual-lip part number 90311-40034 via TSB, so that's what I'll be on the look out for.

Thanks again!

Yep yep. Unfortunately, it's auto (couldn't quickly track down a manual in 2005!).
The autos are very strong, you should be fine especially if u have the tow package which comes with an additional trans cooler.

The xrunner guys are doing t56 swaps and th400 iirc, plus the 6 speed has some kinda rev hang that hinders fast shifting. Atleast thats what ive heard over the years.

They also have some throwout bearing issues that urdusa.com could fix.

As for the 5 spd auto, u can work the valvebody either by purchasing a kit and doing the work yourself, or sending it off to IPT transmissions. Its pretty tough as is tho. Ive not touched my auto and the engine should be around 350hp. Ive taken it to the dealership for 2 or 3 drain and fills, but thats it.
I just hate the check/fill procedure for these.... give me a damn dipstick already.

The autos are very strong, you should be fine especially if u have the tow package which comes with an additional trans cooler.

The xrunner guys are doing t56 swaps and th400 iirc, plus the 6 speed has some kinda rev hang that hinders fast shifting. Atleast thats what ive heard over the years.

They also have some throwout bearing issues that urdusa.com could fix.

As for the 5 spd auto, u can work the valvebody either by purchasing a kit and doing the work yourself, or sending it off to IPT transmissions. Its pretty tough as is tho. Ive not touched my auto and the engine should be around 350hp. Ive taken it to the dealership for 2 or 3 drain and fills, but thats it.
I just hate the check/fill procedure for these.... give me a damn dipstick already.
I've always had manual and love to drive stick, so I've always regretted not holding out longer to find one in 2005. Good to see that it might've been the wise choice!

Back