TRD Pro DCLB?

tacotommy

Is the pro offered in a double cab long bed configuration w/ manual trans?

Been looking on Toyota's Tacoma builder and this is not doable online.

Currently love my DCLB Offroad but may consider upgrading if this is an available configuration.

Unfortunately it is automatic, got me thinking though... same engine, why not swap trans? Is this doable/ has anyone done this
Everything is doable. The question is, is your pocket deep enough? You never know you may find a wreck Tacoma within your trucks year for thousand bucks but man I would dread putting clutch pedals in a automatic truck. If you can get a new truck with manual transmission and everything you like I would go that route. I think the 5 foot bed looks better but for those that use their truck every day the 6 foot bed is more logical, do you need a 6 foot bed?

Everything is doable. The question is, is your pocket deep enough? You never know you may find a wreck Tacoma within your trucks year for thousand bucks but man I would dread putting clutch pedals in a automatic truck. If you can get a new truck with manual transmission and everything you like I would go that route. I think the 5 foot bed looks better but for those that use their truck every day the 6 foot bed is more logical, do you need a 6 foot bed?
I do need a 6 ft bed for what I do, that being said I really do not need a manual trans for what I do lol. Just would prefer it. When the trans goes at 100 some odd thousand miles I may consider swapping to manual then. Already at 32k. Maybe by then it'll be a normal thing and there will be some kind of kit. Main reason why I ask is I always wanted one of a kind things all my life, probably some kind of mental issues there but you get used to it

They are a little battleship long lol! Especially in a parking lot but I always back it in cuz the hood is a little tall :)
i used to drive a long bed crew cab f350 diesel, that was a battleship! haha! but i loved driving it. i also drove a 71 chevy c10. trying to get that one back.

my tacoma will be a long bed.

Last edited:
i used to drive a long bed crew cab f350 diesel, that was a battleship! haha! but i loved driving it. i also drove a 71 chevy c10. trying to get that one back.

my tacoma will be a long bed.

Yeah I get that I have to drive an extended cab Silverado with the 9ft bed from time to time. Talk about a boat [emoji23]

Back