Tuff Country lift kits

Anyone have any experience with Tuff Country lift kits?
I have the tuff country 4" lift kit on my truck. It's not bad, but it doesn't give any suspension performance for your tuck. It's purely for looks and fitting bugger tires. I'm personally saving for the OME lift kit a lot of the guys have on here. But if you don't plan on off-roading a lot then this kit is just fine. Or it may be used for LIGHT may I reapeat only light off roading.

Last edited:
Wouldn't call it a mistake if you were misinformed or didn't know.

I've seen people literally say they are buying the spacer lift for now until they can save enough for the real lift they want. That's what I don't understand.
Yeah at the time I didn't have much knowledge on lift kits, if I was on this forum earlier I would have took the advice of many on here and bought that OME lift kit the first time.... well I learned my lesson haha!

Everyone's situation and needs are unique. If you do your research and make an educated decision. What ever
works for you and makes you happy.
No regrets.

Everyone's situation and needs are unique. If you do your research and make an educated decision. What ever
works for you and makes you happy.
No regrets.
I mean I love the kit, it's just I wanna do stupid **** like jump my truck lmao, so the OME kit really caught my attention and especially that lot of members here can vouch for it

Thanks for the input...guess I'll keep researching and figure out what is the best lift for me. I'll never do any off reading with it, my whole ambition is to make it more rugged looking while maintains as close to the factory ride as possible.

Thanks for the input...guess I'll keep researching and figure out what is the best lift for me. I'll never do any off reading with it, my whole ambition is to make it more rugged looking while maintains as close to the factory ride as possible.
If it's just for looks and you want cheap spacers that give close to factory ride I'd look into the revtek pro kit with an AAL. It's about $420 for the revtek pro and $200 install at a shop.
Know that for a few hundred more you can replace the factory shocks with bilstein 5100's and AAL in the back to lift it.
Both 5100's and the Revtek spacer are doing the same thing - putting a preload on the factory spring for lift. With the bilstein 5100 option, you get to put a better shock on the truck than the factory one.
If you have the extra money get some OME coils the 855 for stock bumpers and 5100's makes for a pretty cheap lift, and you can adjust if you want to go higher.
If you want to spend more money and have a better ride and more ability in the rear don't get an AAL and replace the factor leaf with a Dakar pack.

Happy medium is a progressive add a leaf. A single leaf will not ride like stock. A progressive will.

Back