Tyger nerf bars

po-toy

Any fellow Tacomians have feedback on tyger product quality. Found a new pair locally for a decent price but will pay more for better quality. Help a noob! Thanks

I have Tygers on my truck an I love them. They seem like good quality and plenty sturdy for all my needs. I dont go off toading so I dont beat them, but I do use them for their intended purpose.20190429_141254.jpg

Went through amazon to get free one day shipping[emoji1787] now i feel like the kid who came downstairs at xmas to find no presents under the tree20191019_070513.jpeg

Anyone have problems with these nerf bars in areas with bad winters and road salt? My stainless steel ones (mfg. other than tyger) are starting to rust after one year.

Anyone have problems with these nerf bars in areas with bad winters and road salt? My stainless steel ones (mfg. other than tyger) are starting to rust after one year.
Great question BigMau! I held out ordering mine as I heard the same concerns about rust in our area which is notorious for using road salt. I'mean curious to hear comments.

Road salt ate two sets of running boards/nerf bars on my 2002 Tundra. I found a stainless steel set on JC Whitney a few years back that held up. I don't think they make them anymore. The picture below shows the rust developing around the end cap of the stainless steel bars I installed last year. Rusting is starting to develop on the brackets and stainless end caps

Attachments

• IMG_0523[1].JPG
    IMG_0523[1].JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
Yes Backroader.. I think I purchased a set of Chinese-made running boards made by slave labor. Plus, road crews here in Pennsylvania add a nasty mix of "anti-skid" material and salt. Sometimes they add more anti-skid, they do not want the run-off into local waterways.

Back