Under driver seat, rockers and floor pan all rotting away [emoji24]

I just got my 06 tacoma back from getting a new frame replaced a year ago. I just noticed the other day that the rocker panel on the driver side is very rust so I start poking around and boom- my thumb goes through the floor pan/ rocker. Then I push on the floor under my seat and it's also rotted. What do I do guys, I own the truck at the end of the year and had big plans for it but now I'm disgusted. Stupid Vermont winters and all the road salt has killed my baby it seems with only 130,000 on her 2.7L barely broken in. IMG_5052.jpg please help with suggestions!!!

I just got my 06 tacoma back from getting a new frame replaced a year ago. I just noticed the other day that the rocker panel on the driver side is very rust so I start poking around and boom- my thumb goes through the floor pan/ rocker. Then I push on the floor under my seat and it's also rotted. What do I do guys, I own the truck at the end of the year and had big plans for it but now I'm disgusted. Stupid Vermont winters and all the road salt has killed my baby it seems with only 130,000 on her 2.7L barely broken in. View attachment 12234 please help with suggestions!!!
1. Contact a metal fabrication guy and see what they can do to replace the rotted out parts. If it's to expensive or can't be done.
2. Get bondo fill in the spot you pocked and spray the rocker panel with bed liner on both sides to match.
3. After you've covered it up take it to a toyota dealer and trade it in on something that's not rotten. :confused:

Trade it in for another 2nd gen that's not rusty. You would probably have to make payments a little longer but u won't have a rusted out truck...

Personally I'd get a new one too (or newer one).
Rust is like cancer. Once it starts it spreads fast and is hard to get rid of.

You guys are right, this sucks. I'm not working at the moment due to a back injury so I doubt I'll be able to afford another [emoji895] for a while

Back