Update on squeaks 2015 Tacoma 4X4

TacoKen

Some time ago I posted about squeaks on my 2015 Tacoma 4X4 with only 10-15K miles. Well, as time and miles progress the squeaks are getting worse. Very small bumps cause more squeaking. I originally thought it was the rear leaf springs but now that the squeaks are way worse and so obvious I can tell it's the front end problem. I removed the front sway bar and no difference. I wish there was a way I could determine exactly what part(s) are causing the problem. I do have aftermarket Toytec Boss 3" lift so I can't take it to the dealer for warranty. I am thinking somehow dust/dirt may be collecting on the shocks. Or maybe the control arms? I don't think the actual springs could squeak. Any ideas? Thanks.........

A good way to check is open your driver door all the way and use it as leverage to rock the truck side to side from the top corner. You can have someone do this while you pinpoint the squeak. Hope this helps

A good way to check is open your driver door all the way and use it as leverage to rock the truck side to side from the top corner. You can have someone do this while you pinpoint the squeak. Hope this helps

Not sure if my ears/hearing is that good.....o_O but I have a feeling it's the shocks since very little bumps cause the squeaks.

Just got an email from Toytec. They say it's not going to be the shock unless it's blown or lost it's oil. They say it's most likely the upper control arm or ball joint. I'm about ready to pull the plug on a pair of SPC light racing UCA's.

Just got an email from Toytec. They say it's not going to be the shock unless it's blown or lost it's oil. They say it's most likely the upper control arm or ball joint. I'm about ready to pull the plug on a pair of SPC light racing UCA's.
I thought I just read something about SPC light racing UCA and issues.

I thought I just read something about SPC light racing UCA and issues.

Ya, I posted about issues with them but I have been told by Toytec SPC has upgraded them with zirk fittings so you can now grease the ball joints.

Back