Upgrade Help

Pgonzo18

Hey I have a 2006 Tacoma with a 2.7 L i4 and I want to do some upgrades and give it some more horsepower and torque but honestly idk where to start I was hoping someone here could help out

Outside of installing a header, and cold air intake for a few more meaning less hp., your looking at major work to add a turbo, or super charger for real hp. gains. Other than that, it's major engine work, that you'll no longer be able to run pump gas with it. Just buy a 6 cylinder taco and be done with this nonsense.

Outside of installing a header, and cold air intake for a few more meaning less hp., your looking at major work to add a turbo, or super charger for real hp. gains. Other than that, it's major engine work, that you'll no longer be able to run pump gas with it. Just buy a 6 cylinder taco and be done with this nonsense.
Trust me I know I I’ll probably end up doing that this one just had sentimental value so I don’t wanna get rid of it

Prolly the most effective path to more HP is more engine. Pull the 4 popper, slip in a V-6. Then you'll probably need a different trans to bolt up to the V-6 engine.

All the add-on doodads will only lead to trouble and complexity.

Good Luck.

Back