USB memory stick for music

Palladium

I bought a little bitty 16gig memory stick (more like a stub) from radio shack and transferred nearly 150 albums onto it by windows media player. It works very nice except there is no "shuffle" and as long as it was a WMA. it worked....up until recently. All of the original albums can be deleted off the stick and re-added without a problem but any new albums I burn and add won't play. It shows them on the stick but the radio does not recognize them and skips through them. Very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this delema?

First two things I'd look at are the bit-rate and whether or not the files have some sort of drm protection.

I'm reasonably sure it's not the protection thing but I'll check on the bit rate. Thanks for the suggestion.

Found it! Bit rate was the same but since I have updated windows between times, there was a security tab added to the new additions. In the options in media player, under "rip music" a apparently new box that was default check marked to "copy protect music". I unchecked and hit ok, after a looong pause, it unchecked it. This did the trick. Thanks for the help. Frikken windows!

Back