Used Tacoma's for sale at car lots

tacomalimited

2018 dcsb mgm limited 4x4
Is it just me,or are used Tacoma's starting to show up more on car lots? I remember my buddy telling me a long time ago that it was hard to find a used Tacoma,because people that have them never wanted to sell them, and he was right!!!! Lately though I've been seeing used Tacoma's pop up on car lots all around me, mostly second generation ones.Is that a sign that there not as reliable? Hope not!!!:sad:

Last edited:
In 05 I bought an 03 XLT Ranger for $14K. It had the SOHC 4.0, 4wd, 5 speed, supercab and 35K on it. I was at the Toyota dealer looking for a 1st gen but an 02 Prerunner SR5 xtra cab with 50K miles was $18K. At the time I couldn't afford the Taco. Tacos are and always will be pricey.

Last edited:
Not in Wisconsin! I haven't seen any on "used car" lots around here. Only on dealer lots as a trade in. Found mine in St. Charles, IL. It was a trade in from a woman who wanted the 2012 tacoma.

There are currently 3 used Taco's listed at my dealer. Which is the biggest one in town. There are about 6 spread out 2 in Kans 4 in Missouri.

2013 Toyota Tacoma 2WD Access Cab I4 AT Truck 3k mileage $21,829
2013 Toyota Tacoma 2WD Double Cab I4 AT Truck 5k mileage $20,994
2006 Toyota Tacoma Double 141" Auto 4WD 4x4 Truck 70k mileage $19,991

The '06 has more miles than mine did & still does, also an auto and DC, cost more than I paid for mine in Jan. :huh:

So I see no run on used Taco's in my area. When I bought mine it was the only one on the lot.

When I bought mine it was the only one in the city! When we pulled up to the lot the truck was just traded in and we met the previous owners lol. We put a down payment on it that day and they have it to us ready to go like 3 days later

I've been looking for them, and the few in Wisconsin are high miles and they want a lot of money for them. There is like a 5k price jump from 04-05 :mad:

I just got a ten model crewcab from a Ft. Bragg Spec. Ops. dude...great truck, great price, and a lucky find because I'd been looking to upgrade from my '04 for about six months or more, checking dealers, ads, Craigslist, etc. They are hard to find here in the Sandhills of North Carolina.

I think it's gotta be just coincidence that you've seen a bunch for sale lately. Toyota is very reliable. At least that's my humble opinion

Back