Using too much throttle to get truck moving

Sjeddi

Hey guys, I’m new on here and having more a concern than a problem. I have a 2019 trd pro and whenever I’m going from a complete stop I feel like I need to give it too much gas just to get it going. Not too much of a delay but I notice a drop in fuel efficiency because of it, free way however is perfectly fine. Not sure if it’s just a Tacoma thing, or something I need to bring up with to the dealer. I have 9k miles on it, so I know it’s not a breaking in issue from what I read online. Thanks guys!

-Shayan Jeddi

Welcome! Dont baby it! Give it gas n get er goin.

Haha! Will do man! Yeah, I’ve been driving it A LOT I think I’m just not used it but it’s starting to make more sense to me how to feather this pedal to get it goin’. Good to know it’s not the truck but mostly me haha! Also one thing I wanted to mention, I put in 91, iv always been into the longevity of a vehicle knowing that one day it’s going to sell. So my question on this is does it REALLY matter 87-91 oct? I know the truck if fine with 87 but I can’t really get a straight answer on which is over all better or would I be wasting my money?

Awesome guys, thanks! Yeah when I purchased the truck the owner explained that he just put in 87 every time because it wasn’t indicated for “premium fuel only” I have had this truck for a week and I feel like I burnt through his tank that he filled much quicker than when I put in 91 just on Sunday. I do live in AZ where everything is basically freeway which is good but I’m also wondering how many tanks it takes until I actual notice a difference? Or is that even a thing? Haha!

I’m also curious about the tank size... when I filled up it said 370 miles until empty. Does that seem kind of low? My dad has a 2020 4Runner and when he bought it I was with him and it was a full tank that sat at 407 miles until empty. That seemed more reasonable to me. Because aren’t these 20 gal tanks? Haha!

Awesome guys, thanks! Yeah when I purchased the truck the owner explained that he just put in 87 every time because it wasn’t indicated for “premium fuel only” I have had this truck for a week and I feel like I burnt through his tank that he filled much quicker than when I put in 91 just on Sunday. I do live in AZ where everything is basically freeway which is good but I’m also wondering how many tanks it takes until I actual notice a difference? Or is that even a thing? Haha!
The more miles you get on 'er the mpg will get better. Your style of driving will vary those mpgs though.

I’m also curious about the tank size... when I filled up it said 370 miles until empty. Does that seem kind of low? My dad has a 2020 4Runner and when he bought it I was with him and it was a full tank that sat at 407 miles until empty. That seemed more reasonable to me. Because aren’t these 20 gal tanks? Haha!
I don't pay attention to those miles to empty or what mpg you're getting from the screen.......mpg should come from the miles you've driven to how many gallons of fuel you put in. That's probly closer. Toyota says our Tacos are 21-gallon tanks. I never let mine get below 1/4 tank......1/2 tank in the winter. That's just me though!

Thank you guys for all great info! Yeah I think I just need to be patient haha! My wife and I purchased the the new RAV4 in May. So between her and I, a little spoiled on gas mileage haha!
Jamiev89, I am curious about the that pedal commander... My brother has a Raptor and he said it works great for him but he’s also twin turbo on a v6. I would guess either way he’d get better response on the go and in cruising judging how small those turbos probably are.
To my question: Is the money worth for the pedal commander to gas mileage, does it have an effect?

Back