Vendor Introduction - Better Bed Lights!

TacoStandCT

Hello fellow Tacoma enthusiasts,

When I got my Tacoma a few years back I hated how it didn’t have any bed lights and I couldn’t find a slick solution that I liked, so I created my own… Which brings me here to share it with you. I have posted this on a few other forums so if you’re a multi-forumer I apologize for the repeat, I just wanted to get the word out. Currently I am only making these for the 2nd gen Tacoma (05-15) but if there is enough interest I will be making it for other years as well.

Details and lots of pictures below:

BETTER BED LIGHTS!

OPTION 1: The Whole Enchilada! $190 - Shipping Included! (Sales and Shipping only in the US for now)
Black Anodized

IMG_3865_zps7ovrkpby.jpg

Clear Anodized
IMG_3978_zpsiaojxtog.jpg

Raw Matte Aluminum
IMG_3914_zpsn2ztawpw.jpg

WHAT YOU GET
Shipping

1 Bracket
• All Machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum
• Two adjustable arms to position the light both vertically and horizontally
• Easy to use thumb knobs on the arms.
• 2 new weather tight gaskets
• 2 longer cab light screws
• Choice of Bracket Finish
• Raw Matte Aluminum Finish (+ $0)
• Black Anodized Finish (+ $10)
• Clear Anodized Finish (+ $10)​
2 Lights (per the manufacturer specification)
• CREE LED
• 1800 lumen (900 per light)
• 8 degree spot beam
• 12-30v operating voltage at 10 watts
• 100% water and weather proof with an IP56 rating
All of this comes pre-assembled for you. We can affix the gasket to the bracket for you or leave it off if you plan to finish it yourself.​

The Whole Enchilada - Raw Finish $190

The Whole Enchilada - Black Anodized Finish $200

The Whole Enchilada - Clear Anodized Finish $200

CHECK OUT My Wiring Install Guide Here!

Option 2: Just the Bracket $45 Shipping Included (Sales and Shipping only in the US for now)
Black Anodized
IMG_4341_zpszlfvsedq.jpg

Clear Anodized

IMG_4367_zpsv7schids.jpg

Raw Matte Aluminum
IMG_4316_zpsulrj7tcy.jpg

WHAT YOU GET
Shipping

1 Bracket
• All Machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum
• 2 new weather tight gaskets
• 2 longer cab light screws
• Choice of Bracket Finish
• Raw Matte Aluminum Finish (+ $0)
• Black Anodized Finish (+ $10)
• Clear Anodized Finish (+ $10)​

The bracket you receive will NOT have the holes drilled on the left and right tabs. But it does come with the wire routing channels which allow you to easily run wires into your truck. This means you have the option to mount whatever you please.

Just the Bracket - Raw Finish $45

Just the Bracket - Black Anodized Finish $55

Just the Bracket - Clear Anodized Finish $55

Last edited:
The Better Bed Light Story (with pictures for all you who hate reading)
Disclaimer: all the of the images below were taken with the prototype. There have been some small improvements made on the prototype so the product you receive will look like the images above.

I hated how my Tacoma didn't have any bed lights and I couldn't find a slick solution that I liked, so I created my own.

IMG_3576_zpsmcij8p7f.jpg

Everyone I show seems to love the design, so I decided to see if there would be enough interest for me to start building and selling them.

The Better Bed Lights (that's what I'm calling them) provide plenty of light to do anything you need behind or around your truck at night. Tasks such as seeing in the bed, backing up a trailer, working behind your truck, and spotting all those forest creatures in the woods is now much easier.

IMG_3754_zpsogw7desm.jpg

The Better Bed Lights are comprised of a bracket that mounts behind the stock cab brake light and holds two bright Cree led lights.

The wiring will be left up to you, if anyone needs an example of how I wired it I can post up another thread.

The first truck we tackled was the second gen Tacoma (2005-2015), but if there is enough interest I will be making this for all of the years. I want to build something that you will love, so your thoughts and opinions are well appreciated.

More pictures for your viewing pleasure
IMG_4084_zpso5xfqic9.jpg

IMG_4118_zpstuzjfm96.jpg

IMG_4140_zpsggw8swtt.jpg

IMG_3504_zpst8nph0cx.jpg

IMG_3528_zpslhrdtl0i.jpg

IMG_3552_zps4f4y8hii.jpg

IMG_3555_zpsdtkedrry.jpg

IMG_3576_zpsmcij8p7f.jpg

IMG_3582_zps7nol0bvd.jpg

IMG_3595_zps3ypkvft9.jpg

IMG_3600_zpswrxvgngy.jpg

IMG_3612_zpsmkhe18sb.jpg

Finally getting these buttons up here for you guys:

The Whole Enchilada - Raw Finish $190

The Whole Enchilada - Black Anodized Finish $200

The Whole Enchilada - Clear Anodized Finish $200

Just the Bracket - Raw Finish $45

Just the Bracket - Black Anodized Finish $55

Just the Bracket - Clear Anodized Finish $55

Hello, I really love your bed light idea, I'm saving some cash and would like to buy the clear anodized package. How hard is the wiring?
Thanks,
Korey

@TacoK Thanks for the Interest! I just updated the original post with the PayPal buttons you can use to order the light of your choice. As far as the wiring goes it isn't too difficult, I posted a detailed walk through of exactly how I installed my own lights here. If this type of installation makes you nervous, any stereo install shop should be able to do this no problem. Our last customer said it took them a total of 3 hours to install it.

Back