Vent shade

I'm always curious what are the advantages of having those? Do they help with wind noise when windows are down?

More of a streamlined look plus should be a bit more difficult to remove for them folks with sticky fingers. [emoji6]
Doubtful.

The window glass rolls right past the vent visor lip right? That's the design.
Hence, if the visor is meant to allow the glass to slide past rolling up and down, what's to stop the visor from sliding down and out of the door frame with the window up or down?

People are petty stupid pricks, if it happens, just try and rememberer nothing is theft proof.

Doubtful.

The window glass rolls right past the vent visor lip right? That's the design.
Hence, if the visor is meant to allow the glass to slide past rolling up and down, what's to stop the visor from sliding down and out of the door frame with the window up or down?

People are petty stupid pricks, if it happens, just try and rememberer nothing is theft proof.
It might even be easier. I know those stick on ones are a pain in the ass to get off with out cracking/breaking

It might even be easier. I know those stick on ones are a pain in the ass to get off with out cracking/breaking
Yeah the in channel ones are easy to take out... a little harder when the windows up. There is really nothing “holding” them in other than pressure. If you know how they come out you can take them out even if the window is up just pull harder. I don’t like the way the sticker ones look on the outside. I’d take the risk for the look.
I bought the weathertech in channel ones and like them. 5A64973F-00F7-4FFD-81DC-04FCE850D448.jpeg

Yeah the in channel ones are easy to take out... a little harder when the windows up. There is really nothing “holding” them in other than pressure. If you know how they come out you can take them out even if the window is up just pull harder. I don’t like the way the sticker ones look on the outside. I’d take the risk for the look.
I bought the weathertech in channel ones and like them. View attachment 21248
Yeah I prefer the in channel ones also.. Mine came with the stick on ones though.. I've always wondered if the in channel ones are quieter [emoji848] When I crack my window on hwy the stick ons are LOUD.. Maybe there more aerodynamic.. Lol

Can anybody answer this question? Or is it strictly a vanity mod?
I have mine for the rain. I can have my windows slightly open and enjoy the fresh rain smell as well as a small breeze. I'm not huge on AC and normally when it rains over here in Cali it's also humid. They also look cool and I guess if the angle is right it may even block some sun from your face haha. Can't think of anything else to be honest... And yeah they look cool too haha [emoji23]

I bought the weathertech in channel ones and like them. View attachment 21248
The AVS in-channel model does have a sticky band at the top that adheres (outward facing) to the rubber door seal. Contrary to what I also thought at first, they are not held in/on by pressure.

Back