Very new TRD Taco off road 2017 looking to change the rims. Need oppininon ASAP please.

Dacon

Hello all, I bought and joined. This is my first Toyota.
Just bought a new 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road (233 miles only on it now) and looking for tires for my other car, I have seen those rims at Discount Tires. They has a bit of offset and would fit without rubbing. Have been told they are made by a company named JD in SF/Ca. Set of four installed (will keep the original tires) is $550.
Is it worth it to replace the original rims with those? I like the wheels to be out a bit and not have flush rims.Also the gray color matches very well.
Will sell the original rims only to offset the new rims cost. I live in Gilbert AZ.

new 1.jpg new 2.jpg

The originals or the LEVEL 8 ones? I ordered the LEVEL 8 rims, will come soon and have them installed.

Others opinions shouldn't matter to you. Build it the way YOU like it. If you like the look of those rims then go for it.

I immediately changed mine, went with the Toyota TRD Black Matte rims, which also come in GRAY.

They cost a tab more, paid $725 delivered. It's your truck so do whatever makes you happy.

IMG_4293.JPG

Got them and installed today. I like them better than the original ones from TRD Off road. Now I have to sell the originals to compensate for the new ones.
Also got a "surprise" today when the wheels were removed off the truck...rears have drums for brakes and not disks...

Need to sell the original rims. What is a fair price for them with original lug nuts? Mint condition, about 112 miles on them.

I price checked with the parts department, Sport model, they should be the same price as the Off Road, and was surprised at How Expensive the stock wheels are:

$458 and change, plus tax!

Wow!

I put mine on Craigslist for $1,200 for all four. 300 ea

Not so much as a nibble yet.

Put the Toyo tires on there as well, $400

Best offer on the tires so far: $320

Told the guy $350 is my minimum. Probably will sell this week coming. Lowest price I've seen locally is $212 ea

On-line Best Price I've found for the same tire: $166 + $80 shipping

So, if I put the rims for sale on C.L. for $200 each (I kept the tires), could I expect to get $800 for them?
Also I replaced the original black sheet metal skid plate (2 parts) and replaced it with TRD 1/4" skid plate. What should I ask for the original skid plate in mint condition?

Others opinions shouldn't matter to you. Build it the way YOU like it. If you like the look of those rims then go for it.

I immediately changed mine, went with the Toyota TRD Black Matte rims, which also come in GRAY.

They cost a tab more, paid $725 delivered. It's your truck so do whatever makes you happy.

View attachment 10492

Trying to find these currently. Where did you find them online? eBay?

Thanks!

So, if I put the rims for sale on C.L. for $200 each (I kept the tires), could I expect to get $800 for them?
Also I replaced the original black sheet metal skid plate (2 parts) and replaced it with TRD 1/4" skid plate. What should I ask for the original skid plate in mint condition?
Not in my area! (Portland, OR) OR wheels without tires sell for $350 for the set. There is a guy trying to sell OR wheels and tires for $800 for several months with no takers. Good luck with your sale. Skid plate on CL for $80, been listed about a week.

I sold my 2017 off-road wheels AND Goodyear wrangler tires that had 300 miles on them for $800 and that was to my buddy who needed new tires on his 2010 tacoma sport. He still had to have the tire pressure sensors swapped. His stock wheels sucked haha. His truck looks a lot better now.
Just the wheels no tires you’ll be lucky to sale them for $400 for all 4. I have a set of stock outback wheels on CL started at $400 have them for $200 now and not a single hit. They retail for $280 each $1120 for the set at Subaru. They have tires and lugs with them.
Honestly unless they are pro wheels no one wants to pay top dollar for stock wheels when they can get a awesome set of aftermarket wheels they really like for less than $200 each all day.
Stock Skid plate $80 seems about right. I’d keep it. They don’t take up much room and you can swap out the pro and sale it if you sale the truck later. You’d get more money that way.

I sold my 2017 off-road wheels AND Goodyear wrangler tires that had 300 miles on them for $800 and that was to my buddy who needed new tires on his 2010 tacoma sport. He still had to have the tire pressure sensors swapped. His stock wheels sucked haha. His truck looks a lot better now.
Just the wheels no tires you’ll be lucky to sale them for $400 for all 4. I have a set of stock outback wheels on CL started at $400 have them for $200 now and not a single hit. They retail for $280 each $1120 for the set at Subaru. They have tires and lugs with them.
Honestly unless they are pro wheels no one wants to pay top dollar for stock wheels when they can get a awesome set of aftermarket wheels they really like for less than $200 each all day.
Stock Skid plate $80 seems about right. I’d keep it. They don’t take up much room and you can swap out the pro and sale it if you sale the truck later. You’d get more money that way.
I seen a 2nd gen with the new OR wheels a couple days ago. Your right it does look way better

Back