Want to upgrade wheels/tires with no lift

Okay guys, I'm gonna try something. I saw where a guy put 265/75/16 on a stock 2016 like mine, I'm gonna try 275/45/22 with quarter inch spacers from stock without a lift. I have been running 265/40/22 with no issue, just a crappy ride. Here is the picture before, hopefully this works without a leveling kit.....and I really don't want to remove the mudflaps I put on, but here goes. Here is before. Oh yeah, my truck has a Flowmaster Super 44 dual outlet muffler, sounds like a pissed off 350.

Attachments

• 2016 Tacoma with Rims.jpg
    2016 Tacoma with Rims.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 2016 Tacoma with exhuast.jpg
    2016 Tacoma with exhuast.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 306
Powder taco where did you get those tires from? I like those man! I have stock 17 inch rims tho on my 2014 v6 and I have no lift on my truck.

Powder taco where did you get those tires from? I like those man! I have stock 17 inch rims tho on my 2014 v6 and I have no lift on my truck.

If you are just talking about the rubber itself, then I got them at Discount tire. The wheels I ordered directly from SCS.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for both together? And what website?

This is my '14 TRD OR DCSB squirrelin' rig
But considering I have a 3" lift with 285s, I'd suggest 265/70 16 17 18... If you intend to get wheels, try to stick with a -6 or 0 offsetView attachment 8746View attachment 8749View attachment 8750View attachment 8751
Napalm,
Just making sure since I'm getting new tires this week, I have a 2010 Tacoma with a 3 inch lift, and wanted to put 285/75/16 on there, would I have to use spacers, or get any rubbing..? Nice Truck

Napalm,
Just making sure since I'm getting new tires this week, I have a 2010 Tacoma with a 3 inch lift, and wanted to put 285/75/16 on there, would I have to use spacers, or get any rubbing..? Nice
285 is 0.8" wider than 265 so a spacer is required on stock wheels with a +25 offset. 1.25-1.5" spidertrax spacers work well to clear the UCA. I put 285/75/16 KO2's on MB TKO wheels with -6 offset and have a 3" lift with no rubbing. I didn't want to use wheel spacers.

I have P265/65R17's on my new 2017 TRD Sport. I wanna keep those wheels. You guys seem pretty knowledgeable so what's the biggest tire I can get without a lift? Also what would you recommend? Please advise. Thanks!

I have P265/65R17's on my new 2017 TRD Sport. I wanna keep those wheels. You guys seem pretty knowledgeable so what's the biggest tire I can get without a lift? Also what would you recommend? Please advise. Thanks!
265/70/17 is the biggest.
Depending on what brand tires you get you may have some rubbing on the front mud flaps and possibly but not always hard bumps while turning but nothing serious.

Now am I able to put some LT285/70R17 on my '17 TRD Sport? How much do I have to lift it? Am I going to need spacers? Or are those too big for my Tacoma?

Now am I able to put some LT285/70R17 on my '17 TRD Sport? How much do I have to lift it? Am I going to need spacers? Or are those too big for my Tacoma?
285/70/17 with a 2.5-3" lift will work. If you have stock +25 offset wheels you'll need spacers for the 285 width. between a 0 or a -6 offset aftermarket wheel works well.

Awesome! Just what I needed to know. Thanks brother. I'm new to all this. Been seeing some good ideas out there. Wasn't sure how to go about it at all... I also have some running boards and front bumper guard in mind. With a few other little things here and there should be good. Thanks again OR17TRD!

Awesome! Just what I needed to know. Thanks brother. I'm new to all this. Been seeing some good ideas out there. Wasn't sure how to go about it at all... I also have some running boards and front bumper guard in mind. With a few other little things here and there should be good. Thanks again OR17TRD!
Post some pictures.

Back