Wanting to put a 3" lift on my 2013 trd Sport

I am a outdoorsmen and live in mountain terrain I am wanting a good 3" lift kit for performance not for looks. There are a few river crossings at a place I often visit and I have rubbed the under carriage a couple times on rocks. Also I want a smooth riding truck. Help plz

Last two questions and I will leave you alone

1. What happens if I lift the front 3 inches and not the back because I do not want to use blocks and I do not want to take away from smoothness of ride
2. Is a stage one icon lift a good start I can not afford to buy the 2 or three stage all at once but I will get the uca and other stuff later

1. You will be nose high. You can always use a progressive AAL instead of a block. Blocks don't take away from the ride but they do create more axle wrap when used.

2. It's fine but to lift 3 inches you will need new upper arms.

One thing about Icon is that they tend to ride a bit stiff.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1420427183.221742.jpg
I put 188,000 miles on this setup !
Bilstein 5100's OME 886 because of bumper, winch, and two batteries. Light Racing UCA's. Depending on additional weight 885's for just a new heavier bumper. 884's no additional!

Pro comp and rough country make some pretty cheap budget lifts. The front lift is a strut spacer. The spacer puts a lot of stress on you upper ball joints so when you get a spacer lift start saving for some uniball upper control arms.

5100s all round, ome 885 springs and throw new leafs in the back. Much cheaper and will ride better than stock

2006 TRD OR AC Tacoma

I now have all the pieces ( I hope)

- Billy 5100s F&R
- Eibach lift springs up front
- Icon progressive leaf pack

Question, should I leave the overload leaf in or remove? What is the difference in ride and height if I leave it in?

Thanks

Back