Warn Winch Bumpers - Opinions on which one.

Viper Guy

New to the forum but not to Tacomas. Recently purchased a 2016 TRD Sport 4x4, third Taco I've owned. I have a Warn VR8000 winch and need a bumper. I had pretty much made up my mind to go with the Warn WAR97684 Ascent bumper but now I'm leaning more to the new Warn WARN100044 Semi-Hidden kit. I know the semi-hidden isn't out yet but it will be soon. It is less money but that's not what is driving me. Interested in thoughts from fellow and more experienced forum members.

The last time I had a winch it was Ramsey PTO model with a huge bumper on a 77 Chevy 4x4 so I've got no experience with electric winches or all the new mounting options.

New to the forum but not to Tacomas. Recently purchased a 2016 TRD Sport 4x4, third Taco I've owned. I have a Warn VR8000 winch and need a bumper. I had pretty much made up my mind to go with the Warn WAR97684 Ascent bumper but now I'm leaning more to the new Warn WARN100044 Semi-Hidden kit. I know the semi-hidden isn't out yet but it will be soon. It is less money but that's not what is driving me. Interested in thoughts from fellow and more experienced forum members.

The last time I had a winch it was Ramsey PTO model with a huge bumper on a 77 Chevy 4x4 so I've got no experience with electric winches or all the new mounting options.

I like the lower profile of the warn 100044 semi hidden one. I was looking at the SSO slimline ones. The warn one is a little cheaper.
https://www.southernstyleoffroad.com/product/2016-tacoma-slimline-hybrid-bumper-20-heise-led/

Back