Warning messages

Hans

The vehicle displays a BRAKE OVERRIDE MALFUNCTION and BRAKE AND ACCELERATOR DEPRESSED SIMULTANEOUSLY warning lights that the last Toyota dealership was unable to diagnose and correct after 1 week in their service bay (not that they worked on it the whole time) - only scratched their heads and tried to deal with the seller Vroom to approve service actions. None of which fixed the problems.

I took possession of the truck on 1/1/2018 with 33K mileage. The vehicle is still under Toyota coverage, I have 6 Mo. 6000 mile coverage with Vroom and 72 Mo. coverage with Safe-Guard.

The rub - the previous owner placed aftermarket lighting –

1). Switch-Pro SP-8100 (disconnected), 2). LED lights that tie-in to the taillight wiring (somewhat disconnected – LED lights in shell still come on) 3). Trailer braking system (removed before taking possession) on the vehicle.

None of the aftermarket products were disclosed to me at any point during the purchase or delivery process. I find other aftermarket products every time I look around the vehicle.

Vroom says they will review and approve repairs if the work is to be done. I'm at the point where it's in Lemon Law territory. Safe-Guard insurance balked at responsibility for it.

I like the truck, but need it fixed.

Wow man. Sounds like a mess. I haven’t seen anything else even similar. It sounds like it’s time for the lemon law.
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome.
My truck is in the second dealer service bay now for the problem described above.
Have narrowed it down to the headlights being on in the first couple minutes of operation.
Anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks for the welcome.
My truck is in the second dealer service bay now for the problem described above.
Have narrowed it down to the headlights being on in the first couple minutes of operation.
Anyone else have experience with this?
Not I.

i LEAVE MY LIGHT SWITCH ON ALL THE TIME. THEY SHUT OFF WHEN KEY IS REMOVED. NO WHERE DOES IT SAY YOU HAVE TO SHUT THEM OFF OR NOT USE THEM FOR FIRST COUPLE OF MINUTES. SOUNDS LIKE BS TO ME. WONDER WHAT IT SMELLS LIKE?

Back