Watch "The Tacoma gets 5.29 Nitro Gears | Huge improvement!" on YouTube

Am I correct in concluding that the 5.29 and 4.88 options are not relevant to those of us running 16 or 17 inch tires?

Am I correct in concluding that the 5.29 and 4.88 options are not relevant to those of us running 16 or 17 inch tires?
The size of the rim doesn’t matter. It’s the 285/75 numbers that increase the tire size to 33” for 4:88’s or 325+/75/16 you would want 5:29’s

The size of the rim doesn’t matter.

Thanks for clearing that up, as usual.

If I remember correctly 285/75 will rub and is probably best to combine with a lift. Yes?

For those of us running one step up from P265/65R17 (P275/65R17?), none of this applies. Yes?

Thanks for clearing that up, as usual.

If I remember correctly 285/75 will rub and is probably best to combine with a lift. Yes?

For those of us running one step up from P265/65R17 (P275/65R17?), none of this applies. Yes?
It's hard to answer that,... we don't know what you do with your truck. Does it piss you off how much your truck bogs or just doesn't do anything when cram your toenails into the gas pedal? 4.88's have had great things said with 31"- 33" tires; improved acceleration, low end power and auto's don't hunt for gears as much.

The Tacoma off road and pro really should come stock with 4:88’s and 33” tires. They should know if you are buying an off road or pro you’re planning on taking it off-road and would want that set up. Buy a sport or an SR5 if you want a DD. IMO.

The Tacoma off road and pro really should come stock with 4:88’s and 33” tires. They should know if you are buying an off road or pro you’re planning on taking it off-road and would want that set up. Buy a sport or an SR5 if you want a DD. IMO.
I wish they would redesign that dang cab mount already!

Back