Well shoot

longshore

Sometimes plans change. I got my 2013 DCSB brand new with 12 miles on her. We have had some real fun with this truck. Didn't run her much, you guys that know me know we've been saving it for retirement. In 2 months I'll have the pink slip.

This truck has some scars. I ran the passenger side along a tree stump with no sliders...minor rub marks that did not rip just scored it real good. There is a scuff on the right rear fender up high where the TRD sticker used to be. The left tail light lense has got a small hole in it...needs to be replaced. That's about it.

But long story short, we're gonna trade it in on a real truck. These Tacomas are fun trucks to own but they are just too small. It becomes obvious ever time we take off on a trip. We always end up with stuff in the cab.

I should be able to get 25000 on a trade in at least. The dealers I have spoken to are anxious to see it and we'll see what they say when they see it. KBB has my truck at between 25k and 28k trade in value in fair condition. This truck has less than 16,000 on it with an upgraded suspension. Toytec coilovers with the 600lb springs, and Dakars in the back with Bilistein 5100 shocks. Fun truck to drive. But I know the suspension work doesn't help raise the value. It might hurt it, but I have all the stock parts in my gararge.

Never thought I'd be doing this but the Tacoma was never a great tow vehicle, and that's what we need to drag a trailer around this great nation and see the sights. Looking at F250's and GMC 2500's.

I know...gonna miss this truck.

Sometimes plans change. I got my 2013 DCSB brand new with 12 miles on her. We have had some real fun with this truck. Didn't run her much, you guys that know me know we've been saving it for retirement. In 2 months I'll have the pink slip.

This truck has some scars. I ran the passenger side along a tree stump with no sliders...minor rub marks that did not rip just scored it real good. There is a scuff on the right rear fender up high where the TRD sticker used to be. The left tail light lense has got a small hole in it...needs to be replaced. That's about it.

But long story short, we're gonna trade it in on a real truck. These Tacomas are fun trucks to own but they are just too small. It becomes obvious ever time we take off on a trip. We always end up with stuff in the cab.

I should be able to get 25000 on a trade in at least. The dealers I have spoken to are anxious to see it and we'll see what they say when they see it. KBB has my truck at between 25k and 28k trade in value in fair condition. This truck has less than 16,000 on it with an upgraded suspension. Toytec coilovers with the 600lb springs, and Dakars in the back with Bilistein 5100 shocks. Fun truck to drive. But I know the suspension work doesn't help raise the value. It might hurt it, but I have all the stock parts in my gararge.

Never thought I'd be doing this but the Tacoma was never a great tow vehicle, and that's what we need to drag a trailer around this great nation and see the sights. Looking at F250's and GMC 2500's.

Just stay away from the coca cola cans. Ford screwed up on that part. And some were catching fire

In 2017 for f250. 2013-2016 were the best years for f250. I can’t comment on duramax, I don’t keep up with GM. Have you considered a ram cummins? Ram has come a long way in their quality and it’s hard to beat a cummins. It’s an Inline 6 towing monster
I need to consider that. I drove trucks for 28 years and you're right hard to beat a Cummins. I just wish Dodge wasn't the only choice there. But I will search for a '16 or older Ford to avoid the can body. Thanks!

take the upgraded suspension off, put the OEM stuff back on, before you let them look at your trade. Like you say, it does not add trade value, and may reduce it. Sell the upgrades to someone who wants them for a little extra cash to enjoy on your first road trip.

I need to consider that. I drove trucks for 28 years and you're right hard to beat a Cummins. I just wish Dodge wasn't the only choice there. But I will search for a '16 or older Ford to avoid the can body. Thanks!
The new Nissan Titan XD have Cummins diesels in them now. Believe it's a 5.0L V8 Turbo diesel.

Saw one the other day pulling a big 5th wheel trailer with a boat attached at the end of the 5th wheel. Had to double take and look again as it struck me as odd to see something other than Ford/GM/RAM pulling that much lol

Wow. I would try to sell it private party. That is some low mileage. I paid 20k for my 2009 dcsb 4x4 sport with 80k miles about 2 years ago. These trucks hold value like nothing I've ever seen...

In 2017 for f250. 2013-2016 were the best years for f250. I can’t comment on duramax, I don’t keep up with GM. Have you considered a ram cummins? Ram has come a long way in their quality and it’s hard to beat a cummins. It’s an Inline 6 towing monster

X2. They have came a long way since Fiat came in.

I'd say leave all the aftermarket on and try selling private sale, if you have the extra time to wait. Put an ad online and put your phone number on the windows with chalk paint. You'll definitely get calls, just a matter of getting what you want. But I'd expect you to get more interest in the aftermarket stuff from private sale.
As for resale value, last I was told by a Toyota dealership (so take with a grain of salt...) the highest resale value of all consumer car market right now is Toyota 4Runner, and the Tacoma is "1% behind it in second place" he told me.

Back