What did you do with your Taco today

i lived in Lexington when i was a nanny. love it back there. visited some pretty cool places, but never made it out towards mayflower beach. its beautiful! i can see why fatbiking it would be so much fun! the farthest south i traveled from lexington was to newport, RI.
Yes out on the sandbar its huge !Goes out about 3/4 of a mile and its like 7 miles longits really cool .its called Mayflower beach in Dennis Ma.you can Google it .

3 much needed things...
Furthest rear u-joint started chirping after my last long roadtrip, pulling a 6x12 box trailer loaded with tools and gear and also had a strong headwind for 2/3s of the drive... as far as I could tell, the truck did great under the circumstances... but a week or two later Gordo and I were going up a windy mountain road and I heard the chirp echo against a rock face... over the next week it got so loud that it drove me nuts!

Also, had a terrible leaf spring croak going on.... jacked up the truck by the frame till full rear droop, pried apart the leaves with a flat bar, scraped an impressive amount of crud off of where the pad rides, cleaned and smeared some lithium grease on the pads... so quiet now!!!

And it got an oil change... I think this is at least the 3rd one since Thanksgiving... lol
First time ever using a Wix XP filter... seems well made enough... forgot to order and didn't feel like waiting for a shipment of filters... lol
IMG_20200417_143046_01.jpg20200417_125226.jpg

3 much needed things...
Furthest rear u-joint started chirping after my last long roadtrip, pulling a 6x12 box trailer loaded with tools and gear and also had a strong headwind for 2/3s of the drive... as far as I could tell, the truck did great under the circumstances... but a week or two later Gordo and I were going up a windy mountain road and I heard the chirp echo against a rock face... over the next week it got so loud that it drove me nuts!

Also, had a terrible leaf spring croak going on.... jacked up the truck by the frame till full rear droop, pried apart the leaves with a flat bar, scraped an impressive amount of crud off of where the pad rides, cleaned and smeared some lithium grease on the pads... so quiet now!!!

And it got an oil change... I think this is at least the 3rd one since Thanksgiving... lol
First time ever using a Wix XP filter... seems well made enough... forgot to order and didn't feel like waiting for a shipment of filters... lol
View attachment 29719View attachment 29720
Some good maintenance tips. Thanks Crawdad!

Just do it... Clean your clean your MAF... takes 5 mins, $10 and a philips head screwdriver... I spotted the can at Oreillys and said, "Y not? Just go fart..." the turd has a ruff life... I'm at 56k but...
[emoji444]To be faaair...[emoji445]
A lot of those miles were on dirt...
I wasn't sure if cleaning it would make a noticeable difference but the one thing I noticed is that take offs are much smoother and "cleaner" is the only way I know how to say it... as an MT, I occasionally get the annoying bucking and snorting when I try to take off gently and I say, "Fecks sake, knock it off! You're embarrassing me!"
Anyhoo... it definitely didn't hurt...

Don't touch it, don't drop it, don't bang it around the hole... gently unplug it, give it a little twist as you pull out, it's just an o-ring... it has an arrow for air flow...
A video I watched said 15 short burst of the cleaner on the little wire and the hole and just spray it all off... air dry, preferably in the sun... only took a few mins. Don't blow on it... 20200418_162852.jpg

Last edited:
Did the other 2 rear u joints today... heard a faint chirp bringing a load to the dump a couple days ago...
I thought, "Sunnuvaaaa... I changed the wrong one..." but I never heard it again after I unhooked from the trailer later that day... I think they were all in about the same shape... now I has zerks everywhere... I'm happy... the front driveshaft came with zerks... they took about 5 shots of grease each...

Part number below for those of you who like to lube your shyt like me... [emoji23]
* PS- It's not hard to line up all your zerks for future convenience... [emoji106]
20200420_143913.jpg20200420_143903.jpg

Ummmmm, what is it?
Just do it... takes 5 mins, $10 and a philips screwdriver... I spotted it at Oreillys and said, "Y not? Just go fart..." the turd has a ruff life... I'm at 56k but...
[emoji444]To be faaair...[emoji445]
A lot of those miles were on dirt...
I wasn't sure if it'd make a noticeable difference but the one thing I noticed is that take offs are much smoother and "cleaner" is the only way I know how to say it... as an MT, I occasionally get the annoying bucking and snorting when I try to take off gently and I say, "Fecks sake, knock it off! You're embarrassing me!"
Anyhoo... it definitely didn't hurt...

Don't touch it, don't drop it, don't bang it around the hole... gently unplug it, give it a little twist as you pull out, it's just an o-ring... it has an arrow for air flow...
A video I watched said 15 short burst of the cleaner on the little wire and the hole and just spray it all off... air dry, preferably in the sun... only took a few mins. Don't blow on it... View attachment 29744

Back