What did you do with your Taco today

It..... is..... Done!
c87727e4d4ee6f950a6dcd0b35c40735.jpg

6725039aecfc3a30af7a468cdd5564e9.jpg

d246dc069f6d701b83db7174a81279ab.jpg

7066b1422ab3e6e74711a0279c40cd97.jpg

f2dd702263c742770a6e3c3e79eefd9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Details please! I’m thinking about the lift thing myself, that looks dang good! What size tires will that accommodate?

~ Nick

Well I’m going to 255/85R16 Falken MTs for the next set just to see what I have clearance for on the next set. I’ve been told those would fit on stock suspension though.

As for the details. This is just a stage 1 lift from Icon with an add a leaf in the rear (also icon) and the Firestone airbags for heavy loads when going on long camping trips.

As for the details. This is just a stage 1 lift from Icon with an add a leaf in the rear (also icon) and the Firestone airbags for heavy loads when going on long camping trips.

That sounds like a solid combo! I like the airbag route, I’ve thought about the same. Did you install yourself? How difficult if so?

~ Nick

That sounds like a solid combo! I like the airbag route, I’ve thought about the same. Did you install yourself? How difficult if so?

~ Nick

Yep but with help from buddies. Think the airbags were the easiest thing to do in my opinion. Would recommend at least one set of other hands just to make mounting them easier. Oh and I forgot to mention I added the Daystar cradles. They make it so the bags sit in them, rather then being anchored to the leafs. Allows for articulation off road and not tearing the bags. Definitely need those if you plan on hitting trails. As for the lift definitely 2 guys to make it easy maybe 3 for a rotating guy for when one of you eventually gets tired [emoji23]

-Shaun

Man... I know it’s only like 3.5-4” taller than when I brought it home with me but it feels soooo different. Not bad just different.

Man, it looks AWESOME! Huge difference IMHO. Stiffer ride, better handling, what’s the pros / cons from a daily driver stand point?

I love those MT’s! [emoji1786][emoji1786][emoji1786]

~ Nick

Man, it looks AWESOME! Huge difference IMHO. Stiffer ride, better handling, what’s the pros / cons from a daily driver stand point?

I love those MT’s! [emoji1786][emoji1786][emoji1786]

~ Nick

So love the kit. It’s a digressive shock kit so means stiffer at slow speed and less so at high speed. Actually handles and rides better than the OEM billsteins. However, and I knew this would be the case, The MTs are stiff [emoji23]. But they probably balanced out to be slightly stiffer than before. The best part about the lift is I don’t bounce anymore. Off-road will be the real test. I went digressive because I want to keep as much bounce away as I can when doing aggressive trails so I don’t smack the body on a rock or something hard. Next proper wheeling trip isn’t scheduled until late Feb. I’ll get a chance to go to the Northern Georgia Mountains in about 2-3 weeks but only to camp in the NF there on the way to Florida. As for the MTs I was driving on water, snow & slush with no issues today. I’ll have to give another update when I see some real packed snow though. Loose stuff there is no question these things can handle.

So love the kit. It’s a digressive shock kit so means stiffer at slow speed and less so at high speed. Actually handles and rides better than the OEM billsteins. However, and I knew this would be the case, The MTs are stiff [emoji23]. But they probably balanced out to be slightly stiffer than before. The best part about the lift is I don’t bounce anymore. Off-road will be the real test. I went digressive because I want to keep as much bounce away as I can when doing aggressive trails so I don’t smack the body on a rock or something hard. Next proper wheeling trip isn’t scheduled until late Feb. I’ll get a chance to go to the Northern Georgia Mountains in about 2-3 weeks but only to camp in the NF there on the way to Florida. As for the MTs I was driving on water, snow & slush with no issues today. I’ll have to give another update when I see some real packed snow though. Loose stuff there is no question these things can handle.

Good info, thanks! My previous trucks are all 4x’s mostly 3/4ton + so I’m used to a rough ride. My stock OR is a Cadillac by comparison... Good to hear there’s actually an improvement in ride quality! I’m trying to get my wife (total princess) ((did I say that out loud?)) to go with me on some “adventures” and I want it to be as enjoyable as possible for all involved (her with a comfortable ride and me not having to hear about the quality of the ride... [emoji6]). Our daughters, 19 & 17 are both about to be going away to college, Virginia and Iowa as the plan stands to date... And I want to be able to go see what there is to see between there and Texas. I already know the wife won’t go without seeing them for more than a month or so at a time in the beginning so, it’s either I go broke on airfare or I build a rig to get us there. Every red blooded American husband would have rushed out and bought a new Tacoma as I did to accommodate his lovely bride in keeping in touch with their children. I’m just trying to keep the family together here! [emoji16]

~ Nick

I added 3/4” bushings to the front seat rear brackets, and power steering fluid exchange. Now a good cleaning and find a way to get dirty again...

Has anyone relocated the seat bracket to move the seat slide back an inch or so ? I was looking at the seat brackets and if i drill out the rivit in front mount it looks as though you could redrill the track and move it back about an inch.and bolt it back together .that would make a huge difference for me ! :)

Has anyone relocated the seat bracket to move the seat slide back an inch or so ? I was looking at the seat brackets and if i drill out the rivit in front mount it looks as though you could redrill the track and move it back about an inch.and bolt it back together .that would make a huge difference for me ! :)
I know exactly what you're talking about. I know other folks that did just that on other vehicles and it is definitely a possibility.

Just learned that the bed panels on Tacoma's are replaced rather than drilled and popped out when they get damaged.

Tailgate's get drilled/popped like in the old days.

Amazing the things you learn after you do something stupid

Back