What do you do for Work?

Do you get to unload them?

I load and unload them. Takes some getting used to, but like everything else, it becomes second nature after a while. Took me some extra time, because I also have a fear of heights. I swore I was gonna quit every single day for the first couple years. Eventually, I realized I'd already taken a liking to it.

I load and unload them. Takes some getting used to, but like everything else, it becomes second nature after a while. Took me some extra time, because I also have a fear of heights. I swore I was gonna quit every single day for the first couple years. Eventually, I realized I'd already taken a liking to it.
If you like what you do for money it’s easier to get up and go do it for 8-12 hrs

If you like what you do for money it’s easier to get up and go do it for 8-12 hrs

I couldn't agree more. We do mostly 12's, and we pull a lot of mandatory Saturdays, so we often get close to the 70 hour-per-week limit for truck drivers. Toyota takes very good care of us, though. No complaints.

I couldn't agree more. We do mostly 12's, and we pull a lot of mandatory Saturdays, so we often get close to the 70 hour-per-week limit for truck drivers. Toyota takes very good care of us, though. No complaints.
That’s long work weeks.

Very true, but it pays quite handsomely and the benefits are almost ridiculous. Plus, it surely beats the hell outa running over-the-road. I've done my fair share of that. I enjoy sleeping in my own bed each night and having my weekends off (most of the time).
Sounds like a good gig

manager of hazardous materials and disposition and operator of utilities in a factory in Puerto Rico

Finishing up my head and neck surgery residency in the south currently...then heading over to montana for a job this summer!
Well, Congrats Dr! Montana is one fine state. Beautiful country up there. Was up at Glacier Natl Park a few years ago.....most astonishing country I've ever seen!

Well, Congrats Dr! Montana is one fine state. Beautiful country up there. Was up at Glacier Natl Park a few years ago.....most astonishing country I've ever seen!
Thanks! After a while...a job is just a job. Im basically a technician when it comes down to it...but it gets me closer to flyfishing, mountains, and an excuse to put some more work into the truck.

Thanks! After a while...a job is just a job. Im basically a technician when it comes down to it...but it gets me closer to flyfishing, mountains, and an excuse to put some more work into the truck.
That's funny..........I work for an Eye MD..........I'm one of his Technicians............LOL Can't blame ya one bit for what Montana has to offer!

Congrats!!! [emoji898] [emoji482]
All those grueling years and mountains of student loans will be worth it real soon!

Back